Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoe repair in Hilo ?
I have an old pair of Birkinstocks that need repair.
I understand Modern Shoe Repair on Kilauea closed, so where do you get shoes repaired?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
hawaiideborah
My friend sent hers to a repair place she found on line. Cost 50 bucks but she got her Berks back.
Shoe goo, thats what they use, do it yourself. With the wetness of Hawaii, regular cork sealing and gooing is a must to keep berks together.
I've also been happy with ' shoe goo ' results. i'd rather fix the soles than break in a new pair!
Nope, doesn't need shoe goo...needs leather straps fixed.
Anyone know of shoe repair?
There must be a shoe repair somewhere on east side, ya?
hawaiideborah
Theres a guy at the space market that makes leather shoes and clothes, I'd ask him if you happen to go to that market already. If you don't go then you could consider this a fabulous opportunity to go the the space market and see the odd sights and enjoy the local bounty.
"That guy" sounds like Wolf: 895 4383.

He is (or used to be) also at Pahoa Sunday Market.
From highway 130 from Hilo to Pahoa, pass through Pahoa and continue on 130 toward the ocean. Go left on highway 137, pass Kehena Beach. Turn left into Seaview Estates. Mapuana is the main road in the neighborhood. If you get to Kalani Oceanside Retreat, turn around. Turn left on W. Pohakupele Loop and follow signs to SPACE, which will be on your left.)

A bit of FYI for those who don't know where where the farmers market is in Seaview. Every Saturday, 8am to 12pm
--DP