Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long should I wait for a realtor...
... to call me back? I saw a cute little house and I looked up the listing agent and called her Saturday. Haven't heard back yet. Am I being pushy? Not enough island time elapsed yet? [Big Grin]
Still early today, tho'.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If you are truly interested I'd call now. No guarantee they got the message. Deals can be missed by mere minutes.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
too late, I already put an offer in on it. Screw the Lister. Always have a realitor lined up. ANY REALITOR can put in an offer. I use to think if I found the lister I could get a better deal or something. I don't think like that anymore. But, like Oink said, time WAITS for no man... and in the realitor lingo, time is of the essence so they say.

If you want to put an offer in today call up Howard Dinits. I use him and he is fast to respond for me. Even tho I have yet to buy a second lot. But the dude only lives up a few street for me. Normally I don't give plugs for realitors but... Ah well.
We had a guest this fall that called a number of realtors to try to get one to look at her moms estate house...only got one to call back, as I had called one I knew, explained the WHOLE story (big importance here, tell the story of why you want a return call, esp. if you do not have a local 808 phone number!)

The call back was almost immediate once the realtor knew the how, when why & such...kinda silly...but that is the local way, you really do need to talk story to get things done....I really had not realized how much it has become a way of being here until she arrived & I was like, 'oh yah, I remember that time when I had no idea the way the story gets things done here!'...

She was absolutely amazed at how quickly & easily things happened once people realized WHY she was asking them to do...well,.. their job...but today, not in the future...(she also really did have a sympathetic story, and that really helped open up most any of the previously impossible to get done things...
This takes me back three years when I tried to work with realtors here. Finally came across a sweet man named Wally Chastain who really did listen to what I wanted and needed and he never tried to switch me to a different level. He knew the house I needed better than I did! And I love my little house in my little neighborhood.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Eric, you got a good deal! Smile hahahaha.....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I second Howard Dinits. He is cool to deal with and prompt all along the way.
A point of real estate advice:

NEVER CALL THE LISTING AGENT IF YOU ARE THE BUYER BECAUSE THE LISTING AGENT ACTS IN THE INTEREST OF THE SELLER.

A BUYER SHOULD ALWAYS USE A BUYER'S AGENT, WHO ACTS IN INTEREST OF THE BUYER.

(see previous PunaWeb threads for more info).
---
Good advice TeddOnBass!

I really like John Erickson, with Remax. We've used him a couple times now and he's always been super fast and nice. Works hard.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
I agree that it is generally best to work with your own agent, but if I recall correctly all realtors in Hawaii are actually sellers agents, even if they are working with you. (Any realtors out there who would like to clarify?)

I can't recall the specifics because it was years ago and we were also selling a house in Oregon at the time but what I am certain of is that different states have different laws for real estate agents and some have both buyer and seller agents, whereas others just want all realtors to sell.

I would not contact a listing agent unless I was just fishing, or already working with that agent.

One of the houses we wasted our time trying to look at was listed by Howard Dinits but he didn't work well with our realtor or perhaps the tenants to provide proper notice, so the tenants refused to let us enter even though we had provided ample notice.