Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greggor made NYTimes!

Councilman Illagan is exactly the kind of representation that we all wish for. He and his dedicated staff, dig to find the truth; then based on best information, he votes his conscience. People may not agree with him on all issues. But, people can be assured that he will do the best he can for all the people. He did us all proud on the national stage. Good job, Sir!!
Thank you for the link, David, really interesting read, and thank you Greggor Ilagan for restoring my faith in at least one local politician.
if Mr. Ilagan puts the horse before the cart and addresses the traffic control issues, leaving 130 into the hpp or leaving hpp onto 130, associated with increasing traffic by building a community park in hpp, he will be worthy of all the kudos outlined above...
A thoughtful, fact-based, methodical, council member who actually researches his positions and doesn't follow blind emotion or the fad du jour? What's Puna coming to? We haven't had a rep who is both competent and listens to the citizens since Helene Hale, and that's been a very long time.

@Frank: We in HPP complain if our representative doesn't do anything for the subdivision, and now you complain when one tries to simply study what it would take to get a park in here. With park improvements already set to be made in Pahoa, it seems likely that most of the HPP park users would be from HPP itself. As usual, HPP is its own worst enemy.

Meanwhile, I think we need to congratulate Greggor for finally bringing some positive publicity to Puna. That doesn't happen too often.
"Meanwhile, I think we need to congratulate Greggor for finally bringing some positive publicity to Puna. That doesn't happen too often."

So true, and I am probably the only one that is uncomfortable that the NYT chose to print such a large article about GMO in Hawaii.
Not against GMO , as I know very little truth about the topic, but Would like to see labeling and am concerned about heritage seeds becoming contaminated.

You're not against GMO yet you use the word "contaminated".
Labeling went to the vote in California and the people rejected it, for good reason.
Congratulations to Greggor for the excellent job he has done so far.By far the best council person this district has seen for a long while.
Paul, what was the good reason? And yes, I did use the word "contaminated" in my reference to Heirloom seeds. It is my understanding that they Heirloom seed can most definitely be altered . Am I wrong with this?
Heritage or Heirloom seeds are usually the seeds that farmers save year after year for replanting of crops. If you are a farmer who does this and has done this for generations and your neighbor plants the same crop next to your field (except hes using GMO). Because of cross pollination your seeds will now have genetic markers and what other traits from the GMO seeds.. Those changed Genes are patented and even though through no fault of your own, you plant these seeds the next year your liable for planting GMO seeds you did not purchase.

reni and kander,why not start your own topic ?

This should be about Greggor !

The answers to your questions are contained in the article !