Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
I am sorry I do not think you will get the answers you are looking for! It is a totally different culture here, people do not talk to the police regardless of how heinous the crime.
quote:
Originally posted by brits dad

Don't contact me if you aren't ready to go to court with what you know.

Let the sound of crickets begin in 3...2...1....

Puna is about to get verrrrry quiet, very fast. Or it's going to absolutely explode, far less likely, but possible. Both families better dig up any clues or witnesses you can now, whether it's from people that trust the cops or not, which is roughly 20% of the puna population IMHO. Nonetheless, best of luck and hope to see the murderer(s) in court sooner than later. I know I won't be going to the lava fields late at night after all this mess, too scary!

We really understand your frustration, but hikatz comment seems legit from someone that's lived here for a while, and he/she is truly trying to be helpful by showing you a locals side in this. I don't know anything about who killed them, but I can assure you if I did, I would be really hesitant and frightened about going public too. Too many bodies popping up, too many cases of assumed police corruption in the past and present, etc. Scary stuff
Ted, please don't try to quiet anyone. People posting on this forum does not mean they are contacting you. The reason for this forum is for everyone to express themselves and their different ideas.

Just because Ted doesn't want you to contact him unless you want to testify, doesn't mean you can't contact me (ruthajohnson@gmail.com), Sarah, who has left her phone and email on this forum, or my parents. I can understand unwillingness to speak with the local law enforcement, who only speak with whom they want to anyways.

Don't be quiet. Be brave in whatever way you can. Be safe.
hikatz I believe Sshar and Ruth are pretty open to advice like your giving, and would respond a bit more positively. From what I read on this forum, they've both visited and/or lived down here before and have history with local politics and police. I believe it from their comments, seems legit. I can't find the post right now but one of the sisters was actually threatened by someone in the area and even she was too scared to file a report! I don't blame her really

Edit: never mind, hikatz, one of the sisters I referred to wrote a message as I was writing mine. anyway, interesting links u provided, didn't know about some of this stuff!
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

It's not a big mystery about the fishing boat. They didn't want to come under scrutiny from the police for some minor unrelated infractions.

This is what I have been told, as well. This should have been investigated thoroughly. Doesn't matter what the reason was, they still ran away.
Yeah, right? I could understand being afraid of an old warrant that's still pending, and therefore hesitate on reporting a fight or minor incident. But after discovering a dead body? Wow. That's pretty stupid, no matter what the excuse is. In fact, isn't that freakin illegal? To run away from a crime scene in which you are the first responder to a murder victim? "Hey mr lava boat tour, found this dead body! Mind if I leave it with you? Just tell the cops I found it by sheer miracle and to just contact me about it later! Aloha bra!"
7+ months..talk is getting cheaper by the moment...action will solve this case. The FBI will listen now...trust me! As for other comments on this post Ruth is right and so is Sarah....nothing posted here means a whole lot to our case. Only information that can actually be used in court does. Contact who you may if you have real facts. But you want your island to get justice....contact the FBI!

ted royal
ted royal
Even in simpler murder cases, it can take years, and that's even in cases where the suspect isn't a "missing person". Given that this is a really complicated case in an area known for unsolved murders, 7 months is barely a start. Also time has a way of letting tongues get loose and for word to start spreading. And when it does spread, you might want to appear more accessible/understandable to those that are probably ay putting themselves in high risk situations by revealing what they know.

Like one example is that letter sent to the news. The chronicle didn't receive that letter because they're attitude is "only send us reports that you are willing to testify to"...their success is an attitude of "send us anything you possibly know, and it's my job to sort out the rumors or facts"...
Is there an FBI agent assigned to this case, or contact info.
Talk right now may be cheap but its all there is to go on for the time being. So many have spent time not only saddened or angry, but also just trying to think what may have happened?. For myself I know my mind can be my worst enemy for sometimes, heck most of the time I make things much more difficult thinking about it. (Think long, Think wrong) that's just me though. I have to come to Bananaheads defense a bit here to say thanks for caring. Bananahead went on his own time as I have myself to walk out into what could seem like hostile grounds to some. For what some ask why?. Well he seems to care and believe in his local friends and community which I fail to at times. Bananahead must have felt strongly about a body still being in that area, for what reasons I am not sure. Yes Foxes is thick and jungled but a few dogs in that area daily should have turned up something faster. Is it possible the body found was in a different kipuka? say uphill a mile or more?. I really combed Foxes kipuka a few times too recently?. Why you might ask?. Well my curiosity and knowledge of those grounds, as well I truly care about what happened out there that memorial day. Seems to me bananahead in his own ways cares also. His poor choice of words or lack of compassion at times may leave little to admire, or hard to read. We all need to take a deep breath and let a week or two pass without creating more pain than what has already been given from this tragedy.