Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen Green wants ban on Roundup
We stopped using roundup years ago, just because you are using it responsibly, do you really believe others are doing the same. I know for a fact if a pesticide says 2 ounces, the amount will be doubled, if you try to say anything, they look at you like your crazy, and continue to do the same thing.
Roundup is expensive. If you use twice as much then you are just wasting it. It won't be twice as effective.
Expensive enough I doubt we consistently use half the amount. One of the big jugs lasts us for years.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Did he stop by and ask Hawaii County what their going to do? Seriously the County is the largest user of Roundup or its generic version there is.

All pesticides should be used according to the label instructions! Certified applicators know this....
quote:
Originally posted by bystander

quote:
Using scientific instrumentation, the Seralini group isolated inert ingredients and noted their toxicity. RoundUp's glyphosate combination with certain chemical adjuvants create a toxic and carcinogenic cocktail that makes it's way up the food chain. [5a]

That's from the rest of the article Bob posted. How vague can you get? What are these adjuvants and how do they combine to create this awful sounding "coctail"? Sounds like more fear mongering too me. Just check out the rest of that website.

Monsanto claims proprietary rights to avoid revealing what those "inert" ingredients are, sorta like (classified& top secret).
I was always taught to "Questionj Authority) as a matter of course.
Do you feel the same way about adjuvants in you annual flu shot as well?
The truth will out, and I as far as fear mongering, it isn't . Some people don't want to know the truth, and that's the truth

If the recent Journal of Food and Chemical Toxicology retraction of Seralini's work has you confused, consider these two facts: Almost 800 scientists and thousands of other professionals have petitioned objections to the journal's condemnation of Seralini's work, and just prior to that journal's retraction, a former Monsanto scientist slithered into the journal's editorial staff

We don't and most of the conventional farmers don't spray Round Up on our plants. It would kill them. What are you talking about?
How much money is spent by the county on spraying the roadsides annually?

Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
I don't think I have ever seen the county spray.
I've seen the county spray down at Pohoiki with zero regard to the wind or the keiki showering nearby. I was astounded and think my friend even got a video onto youtube of another spray happening at pohoiki where the wind was blowing it into the fellas washing off their boat after coming in from the water.

Youtube search ... Spray and Pohoiki ... Or Spray and Big Island or Spray and county of hawaii.

AFAIK, the only parks the county doesn't spray at are state parks.
Why don't you post a link ??

I have never seen them spraying roundup down there.
I did find this link that Bob posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyJJh6UiqY