Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will it finally happen this year?
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

quote:
if so, I would think it would be easy to grow your own!

The current regime has no provision for acquiring seeds or starts (or product), compliance requires everything to "magically fall from the sky" into the permit holders' lap.

Well, if you ordered them online, than you could legally own them when they arrived, no ?

Also, if you are a smoker, than you could get seeds from your connect, no ?
Technically, of course: ordering the seeds online (or getting them from your "connect") means engaging in an illegal transaction which is possibly also interstate and/or international, a Federal felony in all cases.

Legally State-sanctioned scenario: a legitimately authorized blue-card holder finds a baggie on the beach, discarded because the good bits have been picked out, leaving only seeds and stems. (Further assume the cardholder has some nursery/botanical experience.)

New problem: those seeds are, at the very least, a feral cross, which means they may or may not produce anything of value -- not just in terms of "yield", but also fitness and suitability to the cardholders' specific ailment(s).

Again: the "blue cards" are clearly not a true "medical" program, or the cardholders would be able to actually fill their prescription at a dispensary, maybe even pick up genetically stable feminized seeds for the particular strain that their doctor recommends.
Aside from the question of how you acquired the seeds to grow these plants, it's still true that card holders can grow up to 7 mature plants, yea?
Technically "3 adult/4 immature", but it doesn't matter what the law actually says; HPD has been known to enforce arbitrarily, up to and including seizure of plants from a legitimate blue-card holder.

Its pretty easy to get seeds online. odorless and comes right in the mail to anywhere you want. DEA can care less really.

quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

Its pretty easy to get seeds online. odorless and comes right in the mail to anywhere you want. DEA can care less really.

Ever hear of a Canadian named Marc Emery?

http://www.freemarc.ca/

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
this year the law changes where you will be allowed 7 plants period no distinction of mature or otherwise

also being transfered from narcotics department to doh
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/April-2013-1/Weed-Whacked/index.php?cparticle=1&siarticle=0#artanc

This article gives a pretty good insight into why Hawaii seems to be lagging in legalization compared to other states. The legislature is timid and kowtows to law enforcement. I think this is because of the large number of Asians in the state government. Part of the culture is too accept and obey higher authority. Look at all the countries that are still communist today. Most are in Asia. In the 80s, all the eastern European countries revolted and changed but that didn't happen in Asia. Look at the people of North Korea. They are like robots.
quote:
also being transfered from narcotics department to doh

...in 2015, if the legislation survives that long.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

Why dont we just make weed legal and be done with it? How do us cizens get it on a ballot so we vote for it not the state pols.

1) use while /driving comes under the DUI laws.

2) I wonder if tourism to Big Island would increase?

3) And if you could sell it at the farmer's markets like produce?
( [Big Grin] And it would be labeled GMO / Non-GMO ? [Big Grin]

4) save PD money for real drug crimes (like meth, etc).

5) Have weed bars or maybe weed/Kava together?

6) Couldn't you see the weed tours just like wine tours in Napa?

Just some random ideas.

1- probably, although any seasoned smoker will tell you that smoking pot does not affect their driving skills.

2-I think so

3-lol say no to gmo

4-definitely yes

5-would be awesome

6-hahahaha and if you look to your left you'll see our puna gold.....

It is my opinion that marijuana will be legal in all 50 states within the next 3-5 years. It's happening. I look forward to use it freely. But more so to the research that can now be done to explore the full healing potential of this amazing miracle medicine plant.