Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Eden Roc ?
Considering a house there-

http://www.trulia.com/property/300387608...w-HI-96771

Does anyone live near that area ?

Mahalos !
Go Look-see. Talk to the neighbors. Bring your own income.
Thank you captain obvious Smile
I live there.
Cool Mark, what are your thoughts with the area, and most importantly, whats your internet situation ? Smile
I have a house on that road very close by - you'd be my nearest neighbor. It's a pretty quiet area of Eden Roc. There are no real problem people at our end of the road. At night you will occasionally hearing someone several roads away shooting at a pig or dogs barking, but there are no screaming neighbors or wild parties. Let me know if you buy the place (btw, check how long it's been on the market before making an offer). For Internet, there aren't a lot of options that I know of. First of all, there's a guy named Wayne back on I think 22 road who has a wireless internet system. He's also got an office in Hilo, but I forget the name of the company. There's running internet off your cell phone plan or there's Satellite. No cable internet there at this time as far as I've been able to find out, but I haven't looked too hard. There's a 10 acre parcel half way along the road that belongs to the residents association but hasn't been dedicated to any uses yet. My wife picked up a young man that lives at the other end of the road who says there are a couple of 'druggies' as he put it living at that end of the road but you rarely see people from the far end due to the big mud puddles in the middle. People tend to use the paved roads at either end of the cross roads for access in and out since they are paved. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
^^amazing feedback thank you !!

Oneself I have lived in Eden Roc for about 4 years.I found this is a good place to live.There all can of differnt people and house out here from ice heads to some great people you have to judge yourself about the people.You will find blue tarps tents next to 250000 dollars houses.It is a mix of all can.I think you will find this true about any place in puna.I have internet with wildblue it is a satelite internet it has been really reliable even during bad weather.

jrw
jrw
Boots on the ground is the only way to go! Plan to spend at least a few weeks visiting the different subdivisions. Make a list of the ones that interest you and then come and visit. Aloha!!
quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

Boots on the ground is the only way to go!

I think Oneself was asking us to help with a scouting mission, before he sends in his troops to an area that may have land mines, trip wires, or resident ice-burghers that could sink a Titanic move to the islands. Seems like a smart choice to me. Only wish I could help more, but I'm unfamiliar with that subdivision.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves