Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am being bumped off shifts by a retiree
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

Hey, 4dognight, ask yourself the question, "Is the retiree really more valuable than me, or were they just born in the right time and place (and race probably as well)"?

So now, in addition to entitlement you want to throw in, "fate" and "race" cards? Wow.

With a victim mentality like this, how do you expect to develop "professionally"? What exactly IS being born at the right time, place and race? Please tell me, I've been waiting to blame my parents for something, this might be it.
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

I would like to inform people of what's going on. Some are in denial for instance, and some like to "blame" the "young benefit receivers". And if I keep even one retiree from collecting SS (by choice) or taking a unnecessary job- then I will think I've at least done some helpful community service for someone. I agree it is now time to get busy focusing on something else.

I must be misunderstanding something, you are upset that a "retired" person is NOT at home collecting Social Security, but working a job that he or she has, nd this job negatively impacts yournability to work your desired hours, and reduces your income....But, you want to "keep a retiree from collecting SS (by choice)"... What am I not getting? By keeping a retiree from collecting SS, they have to work. Many, many of us do notmhave pensions, we've just aged out of a system that values youth. So keeping me from collecting SS benefits, means that I have to getnoutnthere and get a job, or keep a job that I already have. I may be completely misunderstanding this.

I'm sure youreba nice, greatnlady, and I wish you well, but couldn't you justngetnmarried and stay home and have your husband pay all the bills? But alas, life doesn't work out that way. Or, perhaps that's not the life you want? You knowmwhat? I want younto be happy and support you and your family however you want, but down get down on another human being because he or she wants to remain a happy and healthy productive member of society.

Good luck UKJ. Truly, I wish you luck in finding a job that works for you atbthis time of your life. I'm not being snarky at all. (sorry about all the typos)
I was told a long time ago "I am not what happened to me, I am who I choose to become". every day amazing things can happen with the right attitude. peace
An incredible thread. I guess this link'll betray my advanced age, but one thing I've learned over time is that, at moments such as this, cranking up the Eagles' Get Over It to max volume calms me down immensely.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg
@malolo

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
yep,
Most of Are Already Gone but Love Will Keep Us Alive. maybe All We Need To Do Is Dance After The Trill Is Gone and being out All Night Long because I Born To Boogie and one of the Boys of the Summer. then I found The Best of My Love made her the Center Of The Universe and by staying out of others Dirty Laundry, I learned to Get Over It, Get Up Baby, to enjoy a Funky New Year maybe stay a night at Hotel California. anyways back to Business As Usual. Is It True? James Dean that Life's Been Good To You?
peace

I prefer ALL NIGHT LONG cause of working the graveyard shift.
quote:
And if I keep even one retiree from collecting SS (by choice) or taking a unnecessary job- then I will think I've at least done some helpful community service for someone.

Except for the part where you sign up for EBT/welfare if you can't get enough hours, so public benefits are being doled out either way.

As I've already said: great plan, where's mine?
...if I keep even one retiree from taking a unnecessary job...

...Yep, I have given my shifts to people "poorer" or "younger" than me many times...

I still don't understand how you can consider the seniority system 'unfair' but then suggest the reverse seniority system as a fair alternative? The seniority system doesn't reward age, it rewards experience. Reverse seniority only rewards age.
What if the 'poorer, younger' person is living rent free with their older parents, eating free food from the fridge? And the older worker wants to help her/his family member because s/he has a job available that their child can't get. It's a situation that has been alluded to in this and other related threads often. It keeps the parents from collecting Soc Sec, and the child from getting an EBT card and defaulting on student loans.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Except most of us have paid into SS and Medicare all our working lives, in some cases more years than the whiners have been sucking oxygen. Really gets irritating when people degrade those programs and make themselves feel better by lumping them into the unearned package. More irritating when someone berates the taking of the earned benefits but lauds the taking of EBT/ Welfare/ Medicaid and the rest of the "share the wealth" package.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident