Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am being bumped off shifts by a retiree
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulieSS/medicare recipients take out more than they put in- and in that way it is an "entitlement program"...

Seriously?

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
It does have to do with the biological father, that is part of the application...

and "EBT" is not anything but a card, not a program. It is the card you utilize to transfer benefit funds...

And all of the government benefits you listed are only based on the applicants total need based on family size & income/worth, including all accounts, income, assets (including property holdings and biological fathers obligations and assets). So if you qualify, need the funds and choose to use them, that is a choice you can make.

ADD:

And not all retirees even utilize SS/Medicare

My mother did not, even though she did have the points to obtain SS, she also was fully vested in the Teachers Retirement Fund & utilized that plus saving & sub teaching work...

Many teachers do not even QUALIFY for SS, as they may have spent their entire working life working for Teacher Retirement Fund Benefits. and many retired teachers pick up sub teaching positions to supplement their Teachers Retirement (which is a fraction of their working wage...some less than half... In order to just stay on an "even Keel" with their previous commitments, they need to work...

But for those that decide to work, just to work.....again THAT IS THEIR CHOICE...and this is a "Right to work" state....so why do you continue to berate them their choice...

You have made many choices that others may not find to be choices that are "wise" or in the that benefit all of society, or that take tax dollars away from others to spend on schooling your children....those are all opinions I have heard from other people about people who choose to have children, parents who divorce, mothers who move away from family...I am sure that you have heard these, but no one on this forum has used any of those on you. No one has publicly berated you on this forum for the choices you made,

People have asked you not to berate others many time, and you keep making undocumented snarky remarks on the baby boomers and retirees, but do not like any comments direct at you & your choices...and accuse many of using snarky comments to you.

Please check my early posts, the first 2 were general comments that any supervisor would make, you responses were not general... but berating to this employee. and really quite snarky.
Moral of the story: This is just the start of the story and its not a fairy tale, its a ****ing nightmare. Get ready.
Dayna, what would you call the extra money, above and beyond what the retirees have contributed? The govt is paying them money that they did not put into the system. Carey, go look at the application. I have looked at it plenty of times. The father is not listed at all... It's called "application for SNAP". It is my household period.
UKJ. Interest paid on a loan to the government.

ADDED:

You apply for SNAP they will go forward trying to collect child support from the bio father. If you want that good, if you don't then you can't apply or at least thats my understanding. I am not on SNAP but did use the state to collect child support. They told me if I ever wanted "benefits" I would be required to file for child support.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Ok, up to a certain level I agree... We'll have to see how it all pans our and how much they actually take out- above and beyond...
I get good child support. Without me working much (bumped shifts) we are still below poverty level.
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

We'll have to see... how much they actually take out- above and beyond...

I've posted this before -- Soc Sec pays an average of 3% above and beyond what the average person contributes. It is the worst retirement system in existence. Any other fund that offered a 3% return on your 401K would not have a single investor.
A 3% RETURN IS A TERRIBLE RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT.
NO ONE WHO PAYS INTO SOC SEC TAKES OUT TOO MUCH COMPARED TO WHAT THEY PAID IN, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE.

Ask whoever told you that retirees withdraw too much money from the Soc Sec system to run a chart for you:
1) Soc Sec payments made over 40 years and the average return.
2) An equal amount of 401K payments made over 40 years and the average return.

You are in for a big surprise, much bigger than what anyone gets paid with a Soc Sec check..
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOW IS THIS ABOUT PUNA OR HAWAII? IT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, TO LOTS OF PEOPLE. IS THIS THE WHINE FORUM?
I read the entire govt report. It was hundreds of pages. Yes, the average person takes out more than they put in. Everyday, the working people's contributions go into short term treasuries, that are then sold -within 24 hours- and then that money goes directly out to the current retirees. There is no "fund" that pays 3% even.
But, that is not what I posted about this time! It is a separate issue. I am talking about someone not needing income, bumping someone else in their prime working years, and whether this is reasonable if the other person doesn't need the money. This is more of a philosophical question- that of course- may, or may not, have huge practical ramifications.