Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am being bumped off shifts by a retiree
Both you Julie and the rest of you are wrong. Julie you need to learn some common sense about how the universe actually works and get the **** straight that comes out of your mouth. The rest of you old SS farts voted for this shame and have only yourself to blame for the ****ty economy, outrageous costs and horrible SS retirement, along with the rest of the big government scam.

Wake up before you end up killing a bunch more people. Please.
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

There is no "fund" that pays 3% even.

It is not a fund that pays 3%.
The 3% return is what the average person gets back above and beyond what they pay in over a lifetime. AVERAGE. Some individuals die early and get back less, some die later and get back more. It's a statistical average.
If someone pays in $1000, on AVERAGE they get back $1030.
The government gets to use that $1000 for a lifetime, until they finally return it as a social security check.

I'm done.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Puna related?
Geeze lavalava, you big bore.
quote:

?..It actually has nothing to do with their dad- since we are divorced. It only has to do with my household income, and the amount of assets I still hold. Time will tell, if I can preserve some of the assets for the child.

SS/medicare recipients take out more than they put in- and in that way it is an "entitlement program"...

Unless you have some special kinda of divorce that says he is no longer is their father, I would say it has as much to do with him as with you. Divorce doesn't relieve him of the responsibility. If that is not the case, maybe you should address that and quit attacking responsible seniors.

You constantly harp of SS/Medicare but somehow fail to see see that those on welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, etc, etc take out a far greater portion than they contribute. Most contribute to SS/Medicare with the hope we do get something back . Some get more, some don't. Some die and get nothing. Sure, we also hope that in times of need we may also get help. Very doubtful, many of us make that contribution expecting that it will become a way of life either for ourselves or anyone else. Do you really think that given a choice a person on SS disability would choose a few hundred dollars a month versus being pain free and able to do what they did before? Oh wait, the person that caused this was about your age, all should be "forgiven" .

Please, tell us again your plan for your advanced years without taking from SS or Medicare? Die at midnight at 61 years, 364 days?

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Yea, it's related, because the OP makes it related. She isn't complaining about someone working in Idaho or somewhere else.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
quote:

I get good child support. Without me working much (bumped shifts) we are still below poverty level.

And yet you can own a vacant farm property and a house in Hilo!!!! Apparently, the poverty level is much better these days.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Listing ones land ownings are a part of the application for benefits, but are not counted as income...

David does bring up a point...If the OP has only a need to work part time AND has vacant farm.....a farm in an area that many have created productive farms within the time frame the OP has owned it, maybe it would be philosophically beneficial for the OP to WORK the farm, rather that post here...

Get that land productive, and the time spent to get that land to the point it can sustain the OP with an income that surpasses the part time work... rather than spending it here berating people for working!

Oh. and to derail -Why is it the only poster that wants my cut wood is currently where I came from? Midwesterners and their firewood!
quote:
I get good child support. Without me working much (bumped shifts) we are still below poverty level.

...with a historic "house in town" and a lovely "country farm", right?

Can't afford to live here? Plenty jobs on the mainland...
quote:
The government gets to use that $1000 for a lifetime, until they finally return it as a social security check.

Assumes the recipient doesn't outlive the government system -- and even if the numbers really do work out, powerful "special interests" will have looted the money by then.

I don't expect any of my SS payments to "return as a check".