Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ride to Kona airport
Hey folks, I live in Kalapana and need to be Kona airport May 20 before noon. Anybody from puna make a regular drive to Kona, trying to find a ride. Let me know, I understand that the bus does not go to the airport.
The closest the Hilo/Kona bus stops is 3 miles directly uphill from KOA at Matsuyamas.

The 9am PKP Hilo bus SHOULD get you to Matsuyamas around 11:40...then if you know anyone in Kona Palisades area that can get you to Kona Airport (or hitch)....and you would also need a ride to Pahoa for the 5:25 or 8:15am bus....

Good thing is that you can get a transfer, so all of that riding is $2...bad thing is that it is not quite meeting your needs on either end...but if nothing better... DH makes the weekly work run, but not on Tuesdays...

ADD: HeleONBus Kona link:
http://www.heleonbus.org/schedules-and-m...s-schedule
Thanks for the info Carey. By the way, if it makes a difference to anyone it is just me, 53 yr old male, minimal luggage and I can supply references from some fellow punawebbers Mahalo
I am flying into Kona May 20 at 11am. My Hpp friend is coming to get me. If you email your phone # I will give it to her.
In the past, the helicopter tour companies would sell their seats that were empty for "shuttle" to Kona/Hilo/Maui etc. Maybe worth checking into. They did take baggage, and also gave a great tour along the way. (*No more than fifty bucks, sometimes, free; for weight and balance. 20 minutes later, you're at the airport in Kona.)

Imagine Waipi'o Valley, Mauna Kea, or Haleakala on the way to Kona Airport. [Smile] Lovely.

Good luck to you. Travel safely.

Maybe get personal look at flow from above, and share?

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Sorry Tink, but that would require the pilot to fly the wrong way. there is no volcanic eruption between the Hilo Airport and Kona. But as Opihikao said there would be great views of Wai'pio and Mauna Kea, maybe even Haleakala.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
You had mentioned a tour, so I took the thought you would be joining a party to balance out the load to wherever they were going, then drop in Kona.

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Kinda wondering what a taxi ride would cost from Kalapana to Kona airport. I would imagine over 200 for sure. Since it's over 4 hours drive round trip and 200 miles.
Thanks everyone, I think I have it worked out.