Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HA meeting last night?
Did anybody go and want to share what happened?

I asked on the Hawaiian Acres listserve and got a non-answer from Patrice McDonald.

It would be nice to get some actual information.

thanks!

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Check "just a fact"
i posted my response under the current thread, just the facts.
it was sad and fruitless in my opinion. i wish they wouldnt have had it back to back with the board meeting because i cant do that 2 nites in a row. i wish they had introduced all the players there. there were 2 unpleasant women who monopolized most of the time. one was quite aggressive and pleased that she had singlehandedly closed the farmers market, one just didnt say anything but took 10 minutes each time in a whisper saying non-anything!! and chastizing people for interupting her non-anything. chairs were in a bad layout so you couldnt see who was talking, it was just exhausting and like a combination lynching/bragging/whinning fest of some sort.... whew.....
ps, lee, could you tell me what hawaiian acres listserve is? i tried to google it with no luck...
You can get to the google HA group through the HACA webpage, which also has a calendar and links to info about HA. http://www.hawaiianacres.org/ select "info group" from the menu on the left.

I think you can get directly to the group from https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!...acres-info

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
it's 2014 no one with a cell phone around to start recording the meetings? If there is someone being verbally aggressive they should be removed and if the situation continues/escalates just place restraining orders on the individual(s).

This most certainly would classify as a non sustainable situation in my opinion.

It's really simple
*Document/gather evidence
*this is not a gender issue, this is individual(s) causing chaos in a place that should be paradise.
*keep the authorities in the loop but certainly go up the chain in order to get the situation resolved in the most civil manner possible.
*Document all official/government responses.

'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
We tried to attend - got there about 20 minutes late.There is no access for the disabled.No disability parking.No access to both entrances as is ADA requirements .We tried to park as close as we could to get out the chairs but could not. Gravel and wheel chairs are not a good mixture in the dark of night . We did observe people in the parking lot drinking alcohol,smoking glass pipes and other self medications.We tried to listen from across the way where we parked,but could not hear much.
The building they have is not disabled friendly.If they even care at all,they would bring their club house up to state and federal standards.We left after the shouting arguments as it was a non event. Sundays are family and church days.Perhaps on a Saturday around noon would be much better for families like ours.
There is no access for the disabled.No disability parking.

If the "private subdivisions" are truly private, then the community center is not a public accomodation per se and thus exempt from ADA requirements.

Alternately, one could argue that if the building lacks a certificate of occupancy, it is still a "work in progress" which simply hasn't had its ADA hardware installed yet.
It would be really convenient for home owners associations to start adding skype type situations to their meetings. That way people without cars, people who are very busy, people who for whatever reason cannot make it, can join in the meetings.

I know I would attend the OL meetings if they offered a skype option.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

There is no access for the disabled.No disability parking.

If the "private subdivisions" are truly private, then the community center is not a public accomodation per se and thus exempt from ADA requirements.

Alternately, one could argue that if the building lacks a certificate of occupancy, it is still a "work in progress" which simply hasn't had its ADA hardware installed yet.

You can not possibly be serious about "a work in progress" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you fail to understand the reason buildings need to be permitted. Although this is only HA......there are still llaws and ordinances that apply.
Are u aware that building permits expired (15/16) years ago?
Who are you trying to kid ?
As well,....Reguardless that HA is a private sub div, if there are residents who can not access the building in their community due to a lack of access, they should be accomidated. This could be conceived as discrimination among other things.
Your lack of acknowledgment for the needs of handicap individuals is exactly why there are federal regulations on the matter.