Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questionable Campaign Ethics Afoot. . .
You're both partly right: it was Bob Dylan channeling a jam session with Lincoln (from the past) and Vint Cerf (from the future, where the Internet had already been invented).

It's interesting to note that the "internet" has been invented multiple times; early versions were limited by the speed of the communication media (fires on hilltops, telegraph, etc).
Fred's done it again. This time editing his second post but not actually changing anything. I think this is starting to become abusive, just editing posts so that the thread keeps appearing at the top of the Puna politics section.
Relax TomK - You can put your guns back in their holster -- English is not my mother tongue - I am just checking the grammar to make sure it is correct. It is a pet peeve of mine. I could repost in Français ou en allemand si vous le souhaitez. Je n'ai pas un problème avec ces langues, mais je crains que vous ne pouvez pas le lire. Système éducatif européen est beaucoup différent puis américain. I am getting better in Hawaiian but still have a long way to go. Now you will really have something to complain about.
And call me Freddie TomK - we're all friends here - I hope.
Freddie - in a thread about ethics you may want to use some. When you edit a post it's ethical to write something explaining why you edited it. So what did you fix in the post you edited this evening? I have a copy of the post before the edit, so please be honest.
Freddie, my take on the etiquette of editing posts here is that it is fine to clean up a post for grammar when the post is new, but after that it does become a problem for the reason Tom mentions. You cannot edit without bringing your topic to the top of the forum. This is peculiar to Punaweb software.

A thread generally should not be bumped to the top unless there is something new to read, and people find it frustrating to look for the new comment only to find someone edited.

If you wish to change what you say after others have replied to the post, it is better to make a new comment explaining your revised thinking. Otherwise it is as if you are retrofitting an older post to reflect changes in your position that may be a result of comments. The topic should be like a conversation. We can't go back and "fix" something we already said. We can only go forward with a new comment.

For myself, I often see a typo after I submit and I do edit, but I do it right away. The only time I edit later is if I asked a question and it's sitting there and I have since figured out the answer -- so I edit it out so as not to waste people's time. The key thing is whether you have already received replies to your original wording.

I do understand the desire to correct when you are writing in a language that is not your native tongue, but bumping by editing is still not good netiquette. (Btw, you some of us can read le Francais. I can read what you write, but cannot at all compose in French.)

It does help that you explained French is your first language. [Smile]
...and for the record, an inability to write a coherent, understandable sentence has never proved a hindrance to many on this forum. I wish folks would, at a minimum, read their comments aloud to themselves before pushing the "submit reply" button. Maybe then they would see how incomprehensible their comments are.

For those who haven't seen it yet, check out Weird Al's latest parody "Word Crimes": http://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc?list=RDHCiLpMMEkhk2k

It appears that Candidate Pueo has created a fiction of not only her contributions to the Fern Acres community, where she lives, but also to the Puna community at large via a post she recently made on the FernAcresAssociation Yahoo group.

The Vice President of the association, Hank Schultz and another member of the yahoo group - a Marge Claybourne have vigorously apposed Pueo by stating substantiated available written facts which contradict her statements about her participation in the establishment of the Fern Acres governance.

I cannot imagine why any candidate for public office would do such a thing, but if the counter posts are accurate, which they appear to be, then the political platform Pueo is building needs to be examined very closely before election day.

I am very curious if anyone else is aware these ethical discrepancies.

[/quote]

I Know it may be difficult to believe but Ms Pueo has not responded because this is a 30 year old occurrance brought up by Ms. Edwards-Hunt supporters. They all live in Fern Acres, you know. This situation WAS NOT AS STATED AND APPEARS to be a way to discredit Ms. Pueo. I have personally discussed this with Frances and she will post a response to Fern Acres Assoc with the documents to expose the false statements about her. Stay tuned.
@pelelani. Leave both [quote] tags in. Otherwise, it looks like you are writing the words you intend to only attribute. And that's why the trailing tag appears in the post, because you deleted the leading tag.
Thank you for your post pelelani - it was good of you to discuss this matter with Ms. Pueo and we look forward to her response which she intends to post on the Fern Acres Assoc. site. Hopefully this will clear the air on this issue.
Freddie