Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questionable Campaign Ethics Afoot. . .
Here are two posts taken from the Fern Acres Assoc. website which may be of interest to folks here who do not have access to the Fern Acre Assoc. website. These are quotes -- and have not been edited by yours truly in case anyone is wondering -- though I was tempted because of multiple errors in both quote. I should have done it and if caught said the devil made me do it.

The first is from a Vivian Toellner

"They who laughs last, laughs best.
Said to emphasize that the person who has control of a situation in the end is most successful , even if other people had seemed originally to have had an advantage.

She went to the court and got the documents last week, and is preparing a statement to go with them. Of course, some will still not be satisfied.

Vivian"

The following is in response to Ms. Toellner's post and is from Marge Claybourne.

"My dear Ms.Toellner - Perhaps you consider this a laughing matter but I for one do not; and I doubt anyone else, who is interesting in electing the best qualified person for this very important leadership position, considers it a laughing matter either.

As for the idea you have put forth of controlling this situation or having the advantage -- this is not some sort of school yard game we are playing, this is about finding out the truth about an individual who wishes to take on the responsibilities of leading District 5.

This is about Ms. Pueo telling the truth We look forward to hearing from Ms. Pueo and the verifiable documents you referred to - at her earliest convenience.

it is obvious that you, Ms. Tolleneu are pro-Pueo, but I certainly hope you are not on Ms. Pueo's campaign team - because if you are, I for one would not consider you an asset, but a liablity."

End of quotes.
Affectionately submitted by Freddie

Wow, just wow. Thank you so much for shedding the light on this womans sinister actions. We need to know all we can about these swindler types trying to set up animal shelters and the like. Oh indeed, Frannie is definitely someone to keep your eye on, shes likely lithe as a cat I wouldn't turn my back on her for one second. She might set up a feeding station for some feral cats while you aren't looking.
Fred,
All those two quotes you posted with no context did was make me think that there are some people in your neighborhood with entirely too much time on their hands, maybe they should do some volunteering for the good of the community? Oh, that's right, Ms. Pueo does that already, the rest of you just nitpick from the sidelines.

When you started up I had exactly zero support for Frances Pueo, you have made me want to go out and campaign for her. To very roughly paraphrase a quote I heard somewhere: "a man is judged by not just his friends, but also by his enemies."

Judging by you and Ms. Claybourne, Ms. Pueo must be a wonderful human being and deserves to help lead Puna. I was very impressed with her attempt to calm RJ down at the forum last week, she seems like a calm, sane and rational person who could handle the pressure of being the district 5 county councilor.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
csgray - your points are well taken. But, once again you are wrong. I have made no comments on the issue and have just been moving information around because of the questions that have been raised and HAVE NOT BEEN answered so far. Please read the posts carefully before you load your guns and start firing. Abraham Lincoln once said that it is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and erase all doubt. You indeed need to take this to heart.

I have not made up my mind as to who I will vote for. But I am happy that you are not running for office because I definitely would not vote for you - the way you jump to conclusions scares the bejesus out of me.

And by all means, I encourage you to join Ms. Pueo's campaign team and gather some personal insight to sustain your assumptions that she is a calm, sane, and rational person who could handle the pressures of being the District 5 leader. I, and I am certain many others, would appreciate your report after having worked with her. But until then please remember the adage -- "Don't judge a book by its cover until you've read it."

And call me Freddie.
Aloha Freddie,

Realizing you are new here, please understand the concerns in your posts, and subsequent editing of the same. This thread is about Campaign ethics, and there's lots to discuss in all races.

The focus on ethics as a whole is warranted, and in civil discourse, personal attacks only show weakness in one's argument. Your position is clear. Others are entitled to opine as well.

It is indeed disheartening to see posts lose any potential credibility due to personal attacks. Carry on, state your business and enjoy the day. Calmez-vous, s'il vous plait.

JMO.
Aloha opihikao -

B A L O N E Y

Et la prochaine fois que vous avez quelque chose à me dire
s'il vous plaît descendre de votre cheval blanc. Merci.

Aloha nui loa e malama pono
So I have to wonder just who Punawebbers will actually listen to with respect.... csgray, opihikao or Freddie...?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Freddie, with cheese and whine is ono!

French is your primary language, however, I only took four (4) years in a Missionary school for credits.[Big Grin] Thus, your message is lost on me.

As you are in our land, please feel free to decipher and understand this message in my mother tongue, as we judge others who are running for office. (Apologies for the off topic to all).

E Haku, e hana `oe ia`u i he mea pa`ahana o Kou Maluhia,
aia i hea i ka makawela, e ha`awi mai au i ke aloha,
aia i hea i ka `ino, e ha`awi mai au i ka kalana,
aia i hea i ka kû`ê`ê, e ha`awi mai au i ka lôkahi,
aia i hea i ka hewa, e ha`awi mai au i ka `oia`i`o,
aia i hea i ka kânalua, e ha`awi mai au i ka mana`o`i`o,
aia i hea i ka hâ`ule ka mana`olana, e ha`awi mai au i ka mana`olana,
aia ia hea i ka pô`ele`ele, e ha`awi mai i ka la`akea,
a me aia i hea i ka kaumaha, e ha`awi mai au i ka hau`oli.

ETA: Mr. Tucker, I completely respect Carol and her comments, although don't always agree.

JMO.

Excellent question Rob . . .

I believe, however, that Punawebbers should ignore all three. The origin of this thread, which seems to have been lost along the way, regards questions raised by two remote conversations, i.e. Frank Schultz, V.P. of Fern Acres Assoc. and one Frances Pueo - candidate for the position of Puna District 5 Council Member - all of which was encapsulated in a post by a Ms. Marge Claybourne.

Ms. Pueo, we have learned, is in the process of preparing a statement answering these questions. Therefore, I believe it would be prudent if nothing further is written on the subject by anyone, so as not to muddy the waters so to speak, until we are able to read the much anticipated truth from Ms. Pueo, which will hopefully clear the air and establish her credibility as a viable candidate for this very responsible office she seeks.

This voyage on Punaweb has been very interesting for me and now comes to an end.
As the new kid on the block, I apologies for all my shortcomings.

A simple good-bye, however, will not do for you lot so . . .

To Ms. Pueo Bonne Chance
To those I have communicate with Bonne Continuation
To all the readers of this thread Salut
To everyone Prends Soin de Toi

The French don't really care what they do as long as they pronounce it properly. LOL

And last but certainly not least --

Aloha nui loa e malama pono.

Hawaiian is such a warm and cuddly language - yeah?
Did I get the uptalk right?

Your friend Freddie

It's hard to get worked up about whatever this could be, and honestly I'm not sure what if anything that would be. Is there a short and simple version?

I've only seen Frannie on video, but she radiates character (not as in colorful character but as in salt if the earth). Her plantation background is one shared by people where I live, and it produced a lot of very solid and good hearted people, not people who delight in using slippery wording and deception.

If anything, she seems a little too straight arrow farmer girl for politics, but if she has been part of the union politics that is experience that will serve.

Anyhow, I'd need to hear a good amount of people getting on her case and for better reasons than trying to take credit for something long I the past, before I'd get worked up about this woman's ethics.

I wish you'd stop throwing in French Freddie, and Hawaiian phrases. I find the use of Hawaiian phrases thrown in by non-native speakers somewhat pretentious. Could you just try to converse in language that most in the forum know?

Like opihikao, I've studied French, and there was a time when I could read it at a high level, but it doesn't stick for most of us when we don't use it daily. Your using it adds nothing to this conversation, which is properly in plain old English.