Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over the air TV
I haven't been able to get the block of channels related to the CBS affiliate, I don't miss the crime channel but I do miss THIS and CBS, does anyone know what happened to the signal.
It's been down since at least Saturday, maybe sooner. I tried to tune in one of the early college football games Saturday morning, but there was no signal on any of the three CBS channels at 45. The old CBS channel, 13.2 is still showing ABC on my TV.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yep...same here. CBS has been down for about a week. Fortunately my internet is fast enough to stream the shows I missed.
I thought it was just us. We haven't had the 13's or 45's for over a week either, no matter how much I fuss with the antenna.
Woke up at 2 am last night though, and CBS News was clear as a bell. Gone again this morning and all day though. Oh well. PBS still works!
I haven't had any problem getting any of the channels. Though after reading this I checked and the 45's aren't coming in (though they were fine last night). Though they always seem a bit capricious, it's not uncommon for me to randomly lose them for a minute or two.
Buried deep within my TV's menu has the ability to show the signal strength for the individual channels. The 45's were out last night so I checked them- signal strength and quality as measured by my cheap TV were both strong. (And I'm getting programming information from those channels). So they are broadcasting just fine, but they are broadcasting black screens (?)
I believe what Channel 45 does is receive and relay Channel 28 from Maui, which receives and relays Channel 5 from Honolulu. So 45 is the last hop. If there's something wrong with the path between Honolulu and Maui or Maui and The Saddle, it would knock out the signal source of 45.

5 (HNL) -> 27 (OGG) -> 45 (ITO)

[edit: corrected channel number typo]
It's Sunday morning, November 5th, and the CBS channel 45's are back.

It's hard to tell whether the Titans are playing the Ravens, or the program is just a front put up as background for the real show, a three hour Marcos Mariota infomercial. Marcos sure loves Hawaii banks and insurance companies!

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Can someone with over the air reception check if they can get NBC? Trying to get the Parade and Dog Show but 13-1 appears to be ABC? Giving of many thanks for any help!
I just checked and with my designated NBC TV (special location and antenna setup specifically for NBC, for Sunday night football games) and it's broadcasting on 13.1. The Thanksgiving Day parade is on right now. 13.2 which had been ABC recently is showing CBS.