Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Table for Homes
Has any one heard a recent update or idea about when HELCO will start repairing downed lines on property ?

It looks like they are done with most of the main lines as of this morning!
Yesterday they installed new poles down makuu to the hpp community center. I wouldn't say they are even close to having the new lines up, shoot they are still digging new pole holes below 12th street. Days away from having the main lines up. That's my opinion. crews worked till 9pm last night.
That's good info, I wasn't aware. I was also told that the reinforcements from Oahu would be arriving Friday ?
Makuu Dr at the oceanfront is still really messed up also
I believe once the assessment team has visited you,and turned in their paperwork stating downed line. Otherwise it's up to you to notify that your individual service is down and request to be put on the service repair list for your neighborhood.
The downed lines are replaced by a construction crew, and individual residence repairs are done by the service team.

Community begins with Aloha
Thanks Tink.

Its actually the house I am buying, so I am not technically the owner. I know the owner contacted HELCO, but we cant close until there is power back. Just trying to plan if its going to be days, weeks, or a month..
I'm sure something can be worked out between buyer/seller if new home is in better shape than what you are renting from the storm, and would benefit landlord if storm related repairs are needed.

We are at the mercy of HELCO, is what my realtor told me. First and foremost, it is important that the main lines get done. My guess is they wont get to the house for about two weeks.
Then I guess you have time to get a good look over your new home and what new priorities you have awaiting you, such as storm preparedness, best solar/generator location if house is vacant, etc.. Congrats on being in escrow. Enjoy meeting your new neighbors in the clean up!

I saw them working on reconnecting homes when I drove home through HPP last night in the mid Maku'u area, so it may be sooner than you think.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb