Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
read this before hiring tree removal
Agree. Although a good HO policy includes legal defense for your liability if you are sued for a non-intentional tort. But it probably won't allow you to file a claim that directly compensates an uninsured worker.

The reason I posted is I know a good guy who is a hard worker who has a new business if anyone is interested. He has always done everything by the book. He's reluctant to advertise for paid work right now, but he needs to support himself. He's a licensed lava guide with no current lava flow so short of work.
I recently read about a man who tried to commit suicide and was saved by first responders and because he survived due to their actions he is suing them for all the expenses he expects to incur during the remainder of his life. While its up to judges and juries to give him his answer, everybody who is being sued has to hire lawyers to defend themselves and the legal fees could go into the 6 or 7 figures regardless of the judgment.

The point is, whether or not somebody has a valid case against you is irrelevant. You can be sued for ANY reason and it will cost you money to defend yourself. If there are cases out there where there ARE judgments, then you are double-screwed because not only do you have to pay lawyers, you have to pay the judgment.
The first responders were on the job I am assuming and will be covered by their work's insurance policy. However, it will still cost the fire dept and police dept money to defend. You are right terracore, people will sue for any reason.
Typically people sue the public agency and also the individuals personally. When I was a public servant I was advised that the agency would provide legal counsel for me only to the extent that it protected their interests, and that they would not cover me personally. They did offer to pay 50% of insurance premiums for professional liability insurance should I choose to get it. Since this was the policy at two different agencies I worked for, I'm guessing its a standard. Some professionals are sued on a regular basis (doctors, police) and frivolous litigation lawsuits are just "part of the business".
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, and was advised to post here about our tree trimming and removal services. Our craigslist ad can be seen here:http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/fgs/4616407068.html
We are insured, and can provide the paperwork if needed.
Hopefully we can be of service to the community, and help prevent all this nutrient/weedblock from going to the dump!

“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
BTW, we would also like to hire a couple of hardworking individuals locally, if there are people looking for the work. They can call me directly at 808-960-1037

Arthur
“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson