Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it wise for PGV at this time to prepare?
At what point does someone move if something in their neighborhood is making them sick? The other 99% of the people down there don't seem to have a problem. Maybe the problem is you, just sayin?

I love the ocean, love being down there and being in it, but I don't live down by the ocean, it's just too darn hot. i don't try to change the climatology of the earth - i just don't move there and accept that fact.
When I was watching the Weather Channel coverage during the storm, they said there was a release of Hydrogen Sulfide gas.

Also heard NPR talking about it with Harry Kim:

http://hpr2.org/post/albizia-trees-under...y-services

Just sayin'
Did you happen to hear controlled release or otherwise?
Thanx
He said, "abated and unabated".

Yikes! A conundrum!
Leilandude - you have to be more accurate otherwise you will end up on the list as well.

"Bob, you even see birds differently than everyone else.
We see birds, you see tiny spaceships spraying poison.
"

The birds (and bugs) are cloaked UFOs spraying aerosols, not spaceships spraying poison. You're probably thinking of someone else in Puna. I see things differently as well. [Wink]
I went back to my DVR recording of The Weather Channel coverage of Iselle. I have 4 hours and 38 minutes of coverage, starting on 8/8 at 3AM Eastern time, which makes it 8/7, 9PM Hawaii time.

The recording starts in the middle of the commentator talking about the Hydrogen Sulphide gas release. Later in the broadcast, I caught the complete segment.

On 8/8, at 4AM Eastern time, which makes it 8/7 10PM Hawaii time, this is what the two commentators said:

"A civil defense alert is out on the Big Island. The Puna Geo Thermal Venture plant is releasing Hydrogen Sulphide Steam. Emergency crews are working to fix the problem, residents need to stay indoors."

Then they went to storm chaser Reed Timmer who was in Pahoa, who said:

"We actually drove right by that plant, probably about 45 minutes ago and we knew something was wrong with it, the whole entire sky was lit up orange, you could hear some hissing noise. We thought it was a natural gas plant or something, but we got out of there fast..."

After this segment, I fast forwarded ahead, looking for additional information. After that, there was no mention by the people in the Weather Channel studio about the gas release. However, at 6:11 Eastern time, which would have been 12:11 AM Hawaii time, they again went to Reed Timmer, who said:

"... we did see and uncontrolled Hydrogen gas leak... a little bit scary, illuminated the whole sky with orange and they were ordering people to stay in their homes..."

There was no mention of the gas release for the rest of what I had recorded.
Another toxic, dangerous steam release. The video doesn't show the tragic loss of humanity afterwards, as well as the lifelong sickness of the survivors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6PadWgorw

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
"A civil defense alert is out on the Big Island. The Puna Geo Thermal Venture plant is releasing Hydrogen Sulphide Steam. [...]"

You would think the Weather Channel might employ meteorologists/scientists but that second sentence alone shows they don't deploy them into the field. If they have any in the first place.

"[...] the whole entire sky was lit up orange [...]"

Anyone else notice the entire sky was orange? I don't think so. Or, they saw the sky earlier when the sun was setting and saw what I did, light from a setting sun through thick clouds that makes an odd orangey/yellow atmosphere around sunset - it lasts a few minutes and quickly goes, but is quite unique to this island in my experience.

"[...] you could hear some hissing noise." That would be a hissing noise loud enough to hear above the hurricane/storm force winds which few others heard, if any.

"... we did see and uncontrolled Hydrogen gas leak [...]"

How does one see a hydrogen leak, and how does it make the sky glow orange?
quote:
Originally posted by Chas
illuminated the whole sky with orange

Good gravy! PGV is a POWER SOURCE. Their mains going out were short circuited but that doesn't mean they lost power at the plant. This was at 4am, so everybody had lost power and it would be pitch black. PGV would have had their yard lights on, which btw are orange.

No doubt, their emergency shutdown steam release is probably a huge fright-filled racket but that is the breaks with living next to the plant. Remember, the original plans were to have it out on state land but the people decided the only place it could go was on private property. The people have spoken, so let it be done.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*