Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kind of F#$ked
Oneself,
It sounds like you've been pretty much been drawn & quartered by HELCO, the bank, escrow, and Iselle.
All that's left to do is put Linda Ronstadt singing "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" on heavy rotation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srpwqf2MWAw
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
That's a great quote fishen. My wife always says, her grandma used to say, 99% of the things you worry about never come true. I am hoping HELCO makes that statement true !
quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

Ive waited almost 3 weeks and said nothing. I full understand there is people without power still that are living in the homes, I was out power almost a week myself...

The storm took out the power either very late on the 7th or early on the 8th. Today is the 20th. That's all of 12 or 13 days depending on how you count it, not "almost 3 weeks".

It seems like your complaint should be with the owner of the house, who should have made it his/her responsibility to clear the downed trees, and should be doing what they can to not jeopardize the sale.
Owner is in California, the trees have been cleared. Its at HELCOs mercy.

Yes, its been two weeks not three.
None of the news sites are even giving an approximate count of how many homes in Kapoho/Vactionland are total losses. That, and how many won't be able to afford new septic when the banks and insurers hardly recognize the area. The losses must be gut wrenching. Being without electric for two weeks is torture, but at least you aren't dealing with a huge loss. But I have been meeting more people leaving the island than coming, and several that I call flame outs (they fly too close to the sun). Lots of flame outs, coasting back to the mainland. If it is a struggle to stay here, then that increases the likelihood of becoming a flame out. The flip side is if it is no effort to stay here, and kicking back is the largest effort of the day.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Pay no mind to Mimosa, there is rarely anything positive coming out of her posts (but it has happened).

as for some of the people that lost their homes... if you didn't have insurance I do not feel bad for you, not one bit. If you were uninsurable do to the building location, again. it's your own fault.

and if you used to live in a yurt or an unstable illegal construction/building to be one with nature while collecting financial government assistance and now nature has given you a big windy hug that blew your hut away then yeah, you can politely go f&^k yourself because you deserve no pity from anyone because you are a FOOL and had it coming (THIS IS A TROPICAL ISLAND for f*&ks sake).

This man (Oneself) has tried to do the right thing and is WORKING producing and investing in the local economy that is chuck full of ignorance plus government freeloaders I wish you the best of lucks and that you might find a decent solution to your complex problem. You are trying to do what needs to be done and are venting some but that's ok things will hopefully get better soon Smile

'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
Hey, I resemble that remark. And you know what? It's totally awesome.
quote:
Originally posted by protoss

Pay no mind to Mimosa, there is rarely anything positive coming out of her posts (but it has happened).

as for some of the people that lost their homes... if you didn't have insurance I do not feel bad for you, not one bit. If you were uninsurable do to the building location, again. it's your own fault.

and if you used to live in a yurt or an unstable illegal construction/building to be one with nature while collecting financial government assistance and now nature has given you a big windy hug that blew your hut away then yeah, you can politely go f&^k yourself because you deserve no pity from anyone because you are a FOOL and had it coming (THIS IS A TROPICAL ISLAND for f*&ks sake).

This man (Oneself) has tried to do the right thing and is WORKING producing and investing in the local economy that is chuck full of ignorance plus government freeloaders I wish you the best of lucks and that you might find a decent solution to your complex problem. You are trying to do what needs to be done and are venting some but that's ok things will hopefully get better soon Smile

You are now my best friend. [8D]
I kinda do agree with mimosa. Please stop the crying and whining. There are lots bigger problems then yours right now. I went 11 days without power. I managed to still take care of all the livestock , feed all animals , cut fallen trees , and go to work everyday working 9 + hours , go home to a dark house. not easy but many people have it far wore then me. put my dogs in doggy day care during work hours so they would be safe and comfortable.
So put your dogs in boarding try Shear Magic facility in hilo very nice owner and very reasonable, go rent a room or stay in Hilo Hostel , nice clean reasonable. IT Is a small inconvenience in your life for a short time. way better then stressing over something you cant make happen , be patient.
every day heading into work i see a big convoy of hawaii electric , honolulu electric and even maui electric trucks heading out to lower puna . going to help folks that have NO power , the priority. you will eventually get plugged back in .... when your turn comes , be patient.
Eh could be worse. Not to downplay the struggles people are going through now because, trust me, I know the frustration. Just be glad you all are waiting on HELCO and not FEMA. I went for weeks with out electricity or heat. In the winter with a noreaster bearing down during Hurricane Sandy and I was one of the more fortunate people in that scenario. Others went for months on end with out electricity or heat in the winter. Mind you this was not lovely hawaiian water with agricultural and septic run off mixed in. This is diesel fuel, sewage, industrial waste, stuff like that mixed with east river water. This water is some of the most toxic water in the world. Some blocks still don't have electricity two years later. Anyway, my point being it could be worse. So put your best intentions forward and keep doing what you gotta do smile, make others smile, and get through the day. It will all be a memory soon enough and you will be enjoying your new home. You will probably be able to get an extension and if you have to move your stuff around into storage and back out again, just count your lucky stars that you even have stuff to move around.