Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPPOA
Just a heads up, there has been word that the meeting previously scheduled for August 20th is going to happen. I do not know if this is true or not. I am suggesting that if you are interested in your community, you might want to check it out. 6pm I will be driving down there to see for myself. I will also be calling for a meeting sooner than next month. Really??
The web site says the meeting is cancelled due to the storm.

There is also a diatribe from the 8th district board member, who didn't even sign her name to it, I had to look it up, accusing the membership of being unreasonable for wanting to speak to the board at the "special meeting" they called last week. She (McLean) is the one whose husband was hired as acting GM and has been MIA during this tough time. I don't understand why they could have a 20 minute special meeting one week, and then cancel the regular meeting for this week, claiming both actions are due to the storm. This makes no logical sense, but makes it look like they are avoiding the membership who are understandably angry about the way this board conducts itself.

I hear they also fired all the road workers and are hiring temps instead, which is why the equipment just sat in the yard while volunteers used their personal equipment to clear the roads. In addition, the HUI has 2 big generators and could have been up and running to provide aid and shelter for HPP residents, instead of us all having to drive to other, smaller, subdivisions to get ice, water and charge phones. Helco told me they would have moved those downed lines to provide access if asked, but since the office and HUI were closed anyway they didn't bother.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The only thing our board should be doing is contracting with a reasonably priced management/maintenance firm that will ensure our roads and common grounds are well maintained!
quote:
Originally posted by davidr

The only thing our board should be doing is contracting with a reasonably priced management/maintenance firm that will ensure our roads and common grounds are well maintained!

Thanks Carol you are spot on again.

David they tried your plan in the past and the contractor did very little for a high price.

Also the new Board would give up their new found POWER over the owners and that's the reason they ran for Director in the first place.

I'll say it again this new board made a critical mistake by firing the supervisory staff all in one shot.

Ready-FIRE-Aim
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

There is also a diatribe from the 8th district board member, who didn't even sign her name to it, I had to look it up, accusing the membership of being unreasonable for wanting to speak to the board at the "special meeting" they called last week. She (McLean) is the one whose husband was hired as acting GM and has been MIA during this tough time. I don't understand why they could have a 20 minute special meeting one week, and then cancel the regular meeting for this week, claiming both actions are due to the storm. This makes no logical sense, but makes it look like they are avoiding the membership who are understandably angry about the way this board conducts itself.

I hear they also fired all the road workers and are hiring temps instead, which is why the equipment just sat in the yard while volunteers used their personal equipment to clear the roads. In addition, the HUI has 2 big generators and could have been up and running to provide aid and shelter for HPP residents, instead of us all having to drive to other, smaller, subdivisions to get ice, water and charge phones. Helco told me they would have moved those downed lines to provide access if asked, but since the office and HUI were closed anyway they didn't bother.

Carol

"I hear they"...your source is?

"Helco told me"...who from Helco told you? Hind sight on the part of Helco is weak. Hearsay and gossip do not bring anything constructive to the conversation Carol.
By HELCO I mean the lady I talked to at the number Helco gave out for service calls related to the storm when I called to ask about why they didn't deal with the lines blocking the HUI entrance on 16th, sorry I did not get her name.

The person who told me about the fired workers being replaced by temps did not give permission for me to broadcast their name on Punaweb, but is a reliable source of information. According to them that was virtually the first thing done by the acting GM when his wife and other board members hired him as acting GM.

How many HPPOA workers and equipment have you seen working in HPP doing anything other than picking up litter since the storm?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
This is not the official HPPOA or HELCO web site so all you are going to get here are people's personal input. There seems to be plenty of basis from more than one source here to, for example, discuss the firing or lay off of the HPP road crew and management,
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
It should be noted that Kahunascott is the recently terminated general manager, and thus might not be fully objective. I have spoken with several HPP residents who lived here with contracted professional management under receivership, and they described it as the best period they can recall. Also, I believe Morgan Sky, when she was posting early in the hu-hu, described the receivership management as competent and able to get some paving done without bond money. Sounds good to me. I have no confidence in the current or previous board to get anything constructive done. Can we petition Judge Nakamura to put us back into receivership?
Mowing the easement along Kaloli was happening yesterday...A lady from Helco over the phone is creditable? The Helco workers in the field are not going to take direction from a lady in the office,,,unless SHE is the boss.

I'm in the camp of davidr.
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

There is also a diatribe from the 8th district board member, who didn't even sign her name to it, I had to look it up, accusing the membership of being unreasonable for wanting to speak to the board at the "special meeting" they called last week. She (McLean) is the one whose husband was hired as acting GM and has been MIA during this tough time.

MORGAN HERE: Just as a point of clarification, Terry Mclean and Jo Maynard (VP) are not paid employees. They are working volunteers (unpaid) until a new Manager is hired. Terry was not MIA during the aftermath of Iselle. He was out with the crew on the roads the entire time.

I don't understand why they could have a 20 minute special meeting one week, and then cancel the regular meeting for this week, claiming both actions are due to the storm. This makes no logical sense, but makes it look like they are avoiding the membership who are understandably angry about the way this board conducts itself.

MORGAN: The only road employee that was fired was the road supervisor. One employee went to another job which left 3 workers. The temps are here until more workers can be hired. Applications are being filled out. The generators were stolen awhile back, so we have no generators. And it was Civil Defense that wouldn't allow anyone to cross the wires at the gate.

Carol