Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow?
I believe they are being proactive in that they do not want to have a Kapoho again, as Pele has gone covert in using the crevasse as a lava tube of sorts to accelerate to a new NE path once full. Why didn't t that interactive mapping take this into account? As far as "alternate"evacuation routes??

Community begins with Aloha
Opihikao quote:
"The June 27th lava flow, named for the date it began erupting, continues to advance to the northeast of its vent on the flank of Pu‘u ‘O‘o on Kilauea Volcano's East Rift Zone. As of Friday,
August 22, the front of the flow was 6.6 miles northeast of the vent."

Does anyone see a pattern forming here?

The morning of June 27, 2014, the Volcano was in the news, as it had begun erupting and flowing towards the highway, while at the same time, on June 27, 2014, the Hawaii's Volcano Circus (HVC) was also in the news (on the front page), for their alleged actions, violations and encroachments onto State land. http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/sta...-broke-law

At that time, I thought it was just a coincidence but now I am not so sure.

Because now again, on August 22, 2014, Hawaii's Volcano circus and the Village Green Society, were again in the news, as they have now been fined almost $54,000 for their encroachment and illegal activities on state land.
www.cohplanningdept.com/.../PD_Background_RecommendationPD
And now, on the same day, August 22, 2014, the Volcano is again moving towards Highway 130, (which could make the highway improvements, mute).

What next? Can't imagine what the Volcano will do, GOD only knows,when the Hawaii's Volcano circus lose their 501©3 status for doing direct and grass roots lobbying which is expressively against nonprofit/IRS laws. Not to mention, all the unrelated business activities and political activities, Graham Ellis, has been trying to funnel through the non/conprofit the Hawaii's Volcano circus that has nothing to do with HVC's mission statement.

Is it that is the Volcano is weeping over the demise of the Hawaii's Volcano circus or is it that the Volcano is brimming over with joy?
Sativa -
How many trees do you think the Volcano has taken since it "encroached" on state land? I'd take my chances with a few hippie tree cutters in the neighborhood, over Pele coming down the hillside and headed my way.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Sativa - slowly step away from the keyboard. You need a break!
lavalava quote:
"Sativa - slowly step away from the keyboard. You need a break!"

We'll see.
The great crack is the separation point of one part of the island moving NW and the slippage moving south.
The crack is an integral part of the whole E,Rift zone and runs from Green lake to the Kau desert. PU'u O'o and MaunaUlu are part of this same feature . Where steam vents are and Leilani are, along with PGV is the same feature . Many tubes intersect this rift crack,one in particular is accessible in the back of Fern Acres,in about half mile and can walk easily with a mule or donkey all the way south west to the rift crack.Many large skylights along the way .
In some places the crack is over 1000 feet in depth,where in some places as shallow as 300 feet in depth.As wide as 600 feet and in some places natural bridges to cross over in the deep forest landscape.
In our younger years prior to 1955 we would hike and camp for weeks in what is now the forest reserve.
Only Pele knows what her geological time line is,in her time just a blink of an eye,in human years weeks or months.
I am actually happy she has re - found her home and the magma will now retain heat and create a new tube system barring any blockages or less flow volume from the caldera .

Life is a blessing

Pahoated, the link for the DLNR you posted is not the ruling, it's just the Land Agent's recommendation for the BLNR Board Meeting for the August 8th Agenda. That meeting was cancelled and rescheduled for August 22nd, http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/blnr-meetings-2014/ - it'll be interesting to see what the BLNR decided.
Lokahi
And another perfectly good thread gets hijacked!

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
pahoated quote:
"DLNR came down with a hammer on Volcano Circus and Village Green Society, over $50,000 in penalties. They emphasize clearly illegal activity. This raises a big question. Ruderman made a big deal out of supporting this troupe, apparently fully aware of the various illegal activities going on under the fraud that it was somehow "sustainable living". This should be brought up in the next legislature for ethical violation of conduct investigations."

Well hallelujah! I'm glad someone is understanding what is being uncovered here and how deep it goes. It took a lot of work and criticism to bring the truth to light. Especially since powerful people have been attempting to cover it up. Senator Ruderman introduced SB2274, the Sustainable Living Research Bill, and it's passage would have covered up all the illegal activities that was going on behind Belly Acres.

Also, when we brought this to the Board of Ethics, we didn't know that Graham dba the Hawaii's Volcano Circus, had been poaching the conservation forest or renting junglows on state land.
Sativa, will you and yours be filing a lawsuit against the K2 flow? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a DLNR lease, or permits for the trees being removed, at the very least I'm sure it's a "manufacturing use" which isn't permitted under County zoning....