• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion on 25th HPP Right Now
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

quote:
Originally posted by Oneself

Got to get a dog. If you are 66 and unable to defend yourself, get some help.

Example of malihini to area immediately having all the answers on how to deal with problems here. As people keep telling you, that drives people here up the wall.

Re the home invasion, this was a bad one, for sure. My thoughts go out to the person who was so frightened in his own bed. [Sad]

Kathy

Example of malihini to area telling malihini to area all the answers on how to deal with problems here. As people keep telling you, that drives people here up the wall.

[Big Grin]

Yeah, I saw that one coming, but I don't have the answers on how to easily deal with crime, or most things. Only can offer strategies I have tried.

fwiw, my road has had a burglary spree since Iselle. No home invasion, but my next door neighbor has been hit twice and they took a lot of things that were tough losses.

She said to me, the first time it happened, I thought about buying a shotgun.
The second time it happened, I realized that if I had bought a shotgun, it would now be in the hands of the thieves, as I was not home when they broke in.

Kathy
Yea, or you could live here 20 years and keep doing the same stupid sh*t you've been doing for 20 years. We all know what the definition of insanity is right ? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You want no crime, but do nothing about it. you complain about the burglaries but refuse to protect yourselves. You don't like shady people around your house, but are against street lights.

Its like women who keep going back to abusive men. Honey, I cant feel bad for you when you do nothing to better yourself.

Call me cynical but there will always be bad people, so what are you going to do about it ?
That's true Kathy - if you do not properly secure your firearms then thieves will steal them. Responsible firearm ownership is just that - responsible. But this is not a thread about firearms, it is a thread about home invasions and how to protect against them.

Any responsible gun owner will have a locker secured to a stud. No one is stealing that unless they take half your house.

But its always people that don't own guns that think they know what its like to be a gun owner.
Good luck with that theory "stud"
"But this is not a thread about firearms, it is a thread about home invasions and how to protect against them. "

Actually it is a thread about one very specific home invasion on 25th in HPP in the middle of the night on 8/31/2014, everything else is people throwing their two cents worth in.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Well Carol, you can cry about every single home invasion as it happens or you can take steps to confront this type of behavior. Your call.
lavalava...

Anyone else getting flashbacks of Damon Tucker?
I came up with the perfect solution. I'm training my dog to shoot my gun! It's going really well but I realized I've got one big problem. If I ever have to go somewhere, how do I get back in the house?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"Well Carol, you can cry about every single home invasion as it happens or you can take steps to confront this type of behavior. Your call."

Actually, I can do either, neither, or both. You have no idea how I do or do not protect my home and property.

Carol

Polish Proverb
Carol

Polish Proverb