Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor Kenoi - Mahalo
Kathy,
Your description of our Mayor is "Spot on".
I was wondering about the responsibility and lines of power for the fiasco on Hinano street, a residential area where they built a warehouse. The paper said, "well connected pumping company," owned by a guy who works under Public Works Director Warren Lee. Lee said his department doesn’t check for the use of the structure. It checks electrical, plumbing and fire code compliance."

Maybe, Lee added, “It is a residential structure with a five-car garage.”

This really stinks. Is Billie their boss? Is he being paid off, is he part of the problem? Some one told me that he isn't responsible for planning and he's not their boss, any want to clear this up? If he is responsible, if the buck does stop at his desk, then this will be brought up if he runs for higher office.

- See more at: http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...jtqnC.dpuf
I googled the matter and there is more news; http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...ard-battle Seems the good guys have won for awhile.
Thank you for your silly name-calling, Teddy Boy. You must be one of those real authentic kamaaina. I know the guy you called a n00b. He is in his early 60s and arrived fresh off the boat around age 4. So there!
Gee, thanks pahoated, I'll remember to spend lots of time reading all sorts of threads to get it right so you won't be upset. Or maybe you aren't upset, maybe being on the internet you just carelessly use language and have an attitude that might get you in trouble at Luquins or Poho'iki.
Agree with Rob.
Mayor Kenoi's response and leadership on this disaster has been quite good -- he's been out front and kept informed, at the same time allowing the team to do their jobs without micromanagement. That's the way I see it and the way I call it. And, he knows I'm not calling it like that just to make nice.