Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does HPP have a noise ordinance?
I did a search here and didn't find anything and I searched the HPPOA website and didn't find anything.
If there isn't one for HPP, is there a county ordinance?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Ag zoning allows 70db at any/all times 24x7. Good luck getting HPD to enforce.
For noise ordinances, your best bet is to check w/ county code.

There is a noise ordinance, section 4-24. However, this one is specific to noisy dogs only.
I think your pretty much screwed if you are in AG lot zoning.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
Remember, "buyer to perform due diligence" and "getting a great deal on cheap land/low taxes". (In reality, these translate to "if you don't like it move to town, and shut up already".)
MORGAN: HPPOA doesn't have CC&Rs and so cannot address noise issues. However the following link may be helpful....

http://health.hawaii.gov/irhb/files/2013...erefbi.pdf

Aloha,
Morgan Sky

quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

I did a search here and didn't find anything and I searched the HPPOA website and didn't find anything.
If there isn't one for HPP, is there a county ordinance?

Obviously written by people on Oahu; I'm sure they didn't mean to make a joke:

"In recent years, residential properties are finding themselves located next to agricultural lands."

Dude are you this much fun in person?
A hugely important part of "buyer's due diligence" is taking the time to get to know your potential neighbors.
Maybe THE most important part.
For some reason "finding themselves located next to agricultural lands" conjures up an image of residential houses quietly minding their own business while some agriculture sneaks up on them. Suddenly the ag is RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

I thought it was funny.

Due diligence doesn't really go far enough when the "ag-zoned" subdivision has the look-and-feel of a residential neighborhood. If we can't fix the zoning problem, let's require stronger disclosures....