Moon enters penumbra......................2014 Oct 07 10:14 PM
Moon enters umbra .....................2014 Oct 07 11:14 PM
Moon enters totality ...................2014 Oct 08 12:24 AM
Middle of eclipse ......................2014 Oct 08 12:54 AM
Moon leaves totality .....................2014 Oct 08 01:24 AM
Moon leaves umbra ........................2014 Oct 08 02:34 AM
Moon leaves penumbra ....................2014 Oct 08 03:35 AM
Moonset .................................2014 Oct 08 06:29

If you're not here or want to see when the next one comes you can find that here;
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/LunarEclipse.php

Anyone up for a paddle on Hilo Bay-weather permitting?
Fantastic Info .
Thank you so much.
Good Job.
Thank you! I was not aware of this eclipse, appreciate the post.
Last one we had the clouds moved in for the total part, will hope for clear skies.

Kathy
Oct 23, 2014 Partial Solar Eclipse BUT, we are going to miss it. Not visible in Hawaii. Next solar eclipse for us March 8-9, 2016.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2016-march-9
Apparently, we will be able to view this, or hopefully so:

"The eclipse will only be visible in its entirety from parts of eastern Australia, New Zealand, eastern Asia, most of Japan, the Hawaiian Islands and the western part of North America," according to Slooh.com.

Officially, the total eclipse will start at 6:25 a.m. ET (5:25 a.m. CT, 4:25 a.m. MT and 3:25 a.m. PT) and continue until 7:24 a.m. ET (4:24 a.m. PT).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/.../16810903/ i]

Additionally, our native Indian brothers and sisters have this belief (BBM):

Full Blood Moon & Total Lunar Eclipse...
October 8th, 10:51 UTC

The full moon of October was known by early Native American tribes as the Full Hunters Moon because at this time of year the leaves are falling and the game is fat and ready to hunt. This moon has also been known as the Travel Moon and the Blood Moon.

A total lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes completely through the Earth's dark shadow, or umbra. During this type of eclipse, the Moon will gradually get darker and then take on a rusty or blood red color. The eclipse will be visible throughout most of North America, South America, eastern Asia, and Australia.

Blood Moons in history have always been an omen of a big change or event about to happen.

https://www.facebook.com/Earthegy/photos/a.134005439992807.22711.126531744073510/730078463718832/?type=1&theater[/i]

Our cultures have entertwined over the generations. How telling this Blood Moon is. [Smile] Mahalo, Ino, for the precise time frame.

JMO.
Sorry, Opihikao, but have to question the reliability of your source. I'm not convinced a Blood Moon = Harvest Moon. The former describes a lunar eclipse, the latter the full moon in October that signals the end of summer and the time to harvest crops (in the old days, at least) and I can understand perfectly why it was regarded as a signal for a good time to hunt as animals were fattening up for the winter. Travel moon is a new one for me, never heard of that.

As ever, astronomical phenomena such as eclipses and comets always end up with fringe groups claiming the end of times.

Not on those predictions has been correct so far, so for those up late Weds night, enjoy the eclipse if you can see it!
It's tonight(Tuesday night)... not Wednesday night.
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Sorry, Opihikao, but have to question the reliability of your source. I'm not convinced a Blood Moon = Harvest Moon. The former describes a lunar eclipse, the latter the full moon in October that signals the end of summer and the time to harvest crops (in the old days, at least) and I can understand perfectly why it was regarded as a signal for a good time to hunt as animals were fattening up for the winter. Travel moon is a new one for me, never heard of that.

As ever, astronomical phenomena such as eclipses and comets always end up with fringe groups claiming the end of times.

Not on those predictions has been correct so far, so for those up late Weds night, enjoy the eclipse if you can see it!

Mr. Tom, I also question all of this. lol.[Smile] Never heard of a "Hunters Moon" before. Just shared to make for interesting conversation, and do look forward to hopefully getting to see it! Have a great weekend, Sir!

Mahalo, Makuu. I'm confused (again! lol). We'll just watch both nights, mo'opuna are home from school, so why not? Enjoy!

JMO.

ETA: typo
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

It's tonight(Tuesday night)... not Wednesday night.

yes it is, tonight
Thank you!

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
A total lunar eclipse will be visible over the Hawaiian islands Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Weather permitting, the moon will turn a deep red as it is covered by the shadow of the earth.

The eclipse will technically begin at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, but most of us won't really see anything until 11:14 p.m., when the moon begins to cross into the deep inner shadow of the earth.

The total phase of the eclipse will begin at 12:25 a.m. During this time, the entire moon will be in the earth's shadow, and could turn a dark red.
The moon will begin emerging from the shadow at 1:24 a.m. The visible part of the eclipse will be over at 2:34 a.m.

The eclipse should be easy to see, as long as there are no clouds to block your view.

Click here for more information from NASA's Eclipse Web site.

(*Snipped - More at link)

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26728...an-islands