Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water from the air?
Anybody have any experience with this unit? Apparently, the company is out of business but there are still “new” units around. Two filters and the UV bulb are said to be replaced every year. Are they still available?

$190 is an almost silly low price for this...

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/hsh/...29963.html

Cheers,
Kirt
Sounds like a dehumidifier...
I remember reading about them some years ago. If I remember correctly, it’s important to follow regular cleaning instructions so there is no bacteria buildup in the system. You might want to check if this unit uses standard generic filters, or if they’re proprietary. If proprietary & the company were to go out of business, you’d be SOL, unless it would still work as a dehumidifier. I think this is one of the articles I read:

https://www.treehugger.com/clean-water/t...-from.html

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"B: Increase varios minerals and elements beneficial for healt to better athletic performance"
How does it do that?

That's going to be some expensive water, electricity isn't cheap here. Then again, you could redirect the water to your downspout hydrogenerator.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

"B: Increase varios minerals and elements beneficial for healt to better athletic performance"
How does it do that?

There’s a little pack of minerals that is added to the output. Yes, it’s BS. And supposedly the warm water outlet is in demand only, so the wattage may be minimal. Yet....

8 gallons a day? That’s quite a bit more than the Home Depot commercial dehumidifier we rented for a flooded carpeted basement recently. Consumer dehumidifiers are rated in pints per day.

HotPE, yes, that’s my question: can the filters be replaced, or are they impossible?

If this tech existed in righteous form, how could it not be the next big thing? A brief google search finds the pdf’s, however brief, that act as the manuals. The CL seller says they were originally $800 dollars, but that he is is helping the woman that bought them for resale four years ago get rid of them.

Any tech that comes close is multi-thousands, but high temp and humidity makes it easier on the equations, so to speak.

Just putting it out here on PW to see see if somebody already has the scoop on this...

There are techs that haven’t made it mainstream in the tropics, like solar distillers, that appear to be completely legit (used one for a decade or more). Granted solar distilling is nearly no tech compared to this “dehumidifier” contraption...but just wondering if anyone has already been down this path.

I am assuming it is junk, but the fringes are where a tiny bit of interesting stuff happens, eh? Hoser?

Cheers,
Kirt
"If this tech existed in righteous form, how could it not be the next big thing? "

Simple economics. It's far cheaper to buy water than try to produce it yourself with electricity.

Unless you've got excess energy from off grid solar system. But that's a super small percentage of the population.
Ancient peoples used to do this, but it doesn't yield anywhere near gallons. Basically, they would stretch out long pieces of cloth and in the morning collect the dew that formed on it.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
My large portable AC unit, in dehumidify mode, will produce 1.5 gallons in the first hour or so that I turn it on. In this case, I do not doubt the 8 gallons per day claim.