Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the emergency continues.
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...claration/

For instance, "loitering, loafing or idling" on the flow field are still not allowed unless authorized by county Civil Defense.

It further states that property owners may make "limited restorative physical modifications to the lava flow field surface" as authorized. It adds that clearing, crushing or removal of lava rock from the eruption to establish roads, trails or driveways is prohibited unless authorized by the county.

The emergency declaration will remain in effect for 45 days unless extended.

Emergency now scheduled to end: January 20, 2019.
"loitering, loafing or idling" on the flow field are still not allowed unless authorized by county

Authorized loitering, loafing, idling by County workers - $Millions yearly
Unauthorized loitering, loafing, idling by taxpayers on new lava - Priceless
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Unauthorized loitering, loafing, idling by taxpayers on new lava - Priceless

Available for a limited time for the LOW LOW LOW price of ONLY $5000.
I wonder what is covered under
quote:
unless authorized by county Civil Defense

So is CD going to give some people or entities permission? This private contractor perhaps? That phrase in there just strikes me as kinda odd.
" all provisions of my prior Proclamations, except for the prohibition of entering and remaining on the lava flow field "

Looks like you can hike the flow field you just can't loiter.
There’s an upside down Hawaiian flag planted on fissure 8...
Puna: Our roosters crow first
It further states that property owners may make "limited restorative physical modifications to the lava flow field surface" as authorized. It adds that clearing, crushing or removal of lava rock from the eruption to establish roads, trails or driveways is prohibited unless authorized by the county.
----------
Conspiracy theorists are claiming that this is because the National Park wants the land...
Giving the area to the feds would be a bad idea... if you think the county or state is to bossy, wait till the feds take it over.

I have a sudden craving for popcorn..
So what do you think USGS means by this:

"Deformation signals are consistent with refilling of the middle East Rift Zone."

Refilling as in it will take a few decades, or a couple of years?
Giving the area to the feds would be a bad idea...
-----------------
Not from the state or county point of view.
Rids them both from all "those people in Puna"