Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TripAdvisor

Exactly seems bit suspicious!
the crack research team

For some reason I read this as "a research team that's high on crack".
There's nothing suspicious. It's obvious who Mermadness is.
To boast of $2000 hotels and $500 meals when it's not true is sad.
To do so when it is true is even sadder.

But what I'd still like to know is: why all the hate for Puna?
We can guess KathyH's reason (endless vendetta against real and imagined enemies). What's yours?

Some quotes from "Mermadness:"

ladies may be blowhards but they have a lot of fans
Ya'll are operating on false and old information and trying to use it to harass people
It makes you creepy and obsessive.
My point is if you're going to stalk somebody
Maybe you can't do better now than you did eight years ago, she clearly doesn't have that problem.
You really think freaking out about somebody's crappy opinion of Puna justifies your creepy stalking?

To start with, let me clear one thing up for you "Mermadness."

stalk
stôk/
verb
gerund or present participle: stalking

1.pursue or approach stealthily.
"a cat stalking a bird"
synonyms: creep up on, trail, follow, shadow, track down, go after, be after, course, hunt

A Google search for SheaG, and reading public information that she herself posted is not stalking.
But I'm sure you/she can manage to blow some of the comments on this thread completely out of proportion during afternoon cocktail dates with the girls. Exaggerated for affect like many tripadvisor posts. Having a stalker (oh my!) keeps things more interesting and exciting, whether it's true or not is secondary.

So don't flatter yourself/her. Who is going to bother to stalk a Big Island Coconut Girl Kardashian? ("Hi! Hellooo!") SheaG is not the point of these posts. It's her inaccurate, exaggerated comments on Puna that people care about. But who knows, maybe she just likes all of the self created attention. If not, stop posting about Puna and see how many "stalkers" remain.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There was a discussion recently on TA about how long it would take to drive from MK Visitor Center to Hilo Airport.
SheaG/MM stated with some authority that it would be 2 hours and bristled when this was questioned.

You could drive even from KOA to ITO in less than 2 hours!

Why do you just make things up? Do you really believe it yourself? Too busy to do even the most basic of fact checking before giving an "opinion"?
A quote from Mermadness:

"The ladies may be blowhards but they have a lot of fans because they're on there all the frickin' time answering questions."

She's famous, ask her fans. The pathology goes deeper than we thought.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

There was a discussion recently on TA about how long it would take to drive from MK Visitor Center to Hilo Airport.
SheaG/MM stated with some authority that it would be 2 hours and bristled when this was questioned.

You could drive even from KOA to ITO in less than 2 hours!

Why do you just make things up? Do you really believe it yourself? Too busy to do even the most basic of fact checking before giving an "opinion"?

Did you see SheaG's post on TA stating that it takes an hour and a half to drive from Kapoho to Pahoa?

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele wahine
... SheaG's post on TA stating that it takes an hour and a half to drive from Kapoho to Pahoa?

That is entirely possible.
Start at Malama Market for snacks and treats to eat at your cuz's beach house.
Stop at Luquin's for a few pitchers of margaritas.
Back to Woodland Market because you forgot to get gas.
Continue on to Kapoho.

Total elapsed time: 1 1/2 hours.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Very true...HOTPE, until you also add that your cousin who lives in Kapoho and commutes five days a week has told you that her daily commute from Kapoho to Pahoa is an hour and a half.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
Quick legal disclaimer: don't drink that Margarita pitcher without a designated driver! (Lest Puna folks be accused of promoting impaired driving.)
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius