Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pohoiki
At least learn some correct pronunciation . Po ho 'iki . It's the peoples surf break and the peoples park . Put your haole ass back on a plane

hapahaole
hapahaole
Nice Aloha.
Put your haole ass back on a plane

Note to the grammar and language police. You forgot the period.
Like this.
Please don't make a scene with keiregan over who gets the window and aisle seats.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Funny how different one day to another an experience can be. Last time I was at Pohoiki there was a small call blaring music with the lyrics so foul I had to walk a fair distance to get peace. The words were something like, "she ____me, now she gonna ____ you." No large stretch to fill in the blanks. Is this really necessary for a family place where children of all ages and moral standards play? In the backseat sat two girls who couldn't have been out of their teens.

[V]
Pukui has
Poho = indent or depression, as in your palm, foot, coconut shell
iki = small or slightly

most likely from these it would be small bay or depression...

ADD: To edit your title, when you are logged in go to your first post, & hit the edit icon (has paper & pencil) that will bring up the first post & the title line
Be careful pam jones, you too might be asked to go on a plane ride.
Vulgarity is uncool any where. Ask your Tutu if she thinks little innocent ears playing as only children can should have to hear the filth that seems so prevalent these days? I bet she will agree with me and remind you of manners and respect. Where's the respect for self or others? Don't threaten me, I don't go anywhere for very long!
We used to take our kids here for BBQs and boogie boarding, but the loud, vulgar "music" the past few times we've gone (and no, not just weekends) has totally ruined Poho'iki for us. Sad that a few selfish punks with boom boxes have turned a decent park into a ghetto. This is what the state statutes say about noise levels in a park: http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/states/hawaii/hawaii.htm Obviously, the police are too busy catching scoundrels with expired safety stickers and don't have time to deal with this nuisance.
noise levels in a park

11-46-16 Penalties. ... fines of not more than $10,000 for each separate offense.

scoundrels with expired safety stickers

$70 + court costs.
Pohoiki is almost always a wonderful, accepting, diverse and friendly bunch of folks. A couple of the more intimidating surfers were expressing their displeasure with the rap music. They now have kids. I believe these guys will be able to deal with the punks.