Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescued After 12 Days Missing at Sea
Boater Rescued After 12 Days Missing at Sea Off Hawaii

A man who has been missing since Nov. 27 after he radioed a desperate mayday from his waterlogged sailing vessel was found alive and uninjured today aboard his 25-foot sailing vessel 64 miles south of Honolulu, Coast Guard officials said.

The last contact with Ron Ingraham, 67, was when he placed two mayday calls 12 days ago, saying that his vessel, Malia, was taking on water and in danger of sinking 46 miles west of Kailua-Kona, officials said.

The Coast Guard suspended the search for Ingraham on Dec. 1.

More here:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boater-rescued-...d=27487997
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I do like happy endings....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Merry Christmas, Mr. Tucker! Agreed! Thankful ending.

Mahalo ke Akua.
that is wonderful news. i was frustrated that i never heard what happened as my husband is a sailor... thank you for posting...67 years young and he made it!
Wow! that is amazing. With the type of wind and seas offshore when he went missing, and in the days afterwards, I thought he was gone. Thank God he made it.
The Navy ship and a hundred feet of marine nylon should be plenty to effect the rescue. The additional party isn't going to help poor Ron, although it might be fun for some people.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
Video on CNN of the rescue:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/hawaii-...?hpt=hp_c2

Some people in their late 60s might be enjoying retirement or, at least, reining it in a few notches as life slows down.
Not Ron Ingraham, whose son describes him as resourceful, physically strong and tough.
"You know who Rambo is?" Zakary Ingraham joked. "Rambo has a picture of my dad on his wall."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Reminds me a little of that incident around this time last year. Some say that guy got off his rowboat and is prowling around Seaview Performing Arts looking to settle a score...

Don't know the guy, personally, but apparently he has a legitimate gripe. Smile

X
X
There's a saying among fisherman, at least among intelligent fisherman. When it becomes obvious you can't reel in the big fish on the line, and it's quite clear you're never going to land it, the time has come to cut bait.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This guy I'm thinking of... he's more of the Santiago type. But, Hot pee... you probably never read anything more complex than the funny pages, so, with your comic book mentality, you probably wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Smile

X
X