Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal question
Lay off folks.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
haoleproud, so sorry you feel this way. We (Hawaiian people) are not all bad. There's good and bad in all races.

On the flip, when I was working in Dallas, Texas in 1978 (with HVB for a week) during Christmas, Neiman Marcus had an "instant credit card" offer: Sign here, and you get instant credit. Well, being a young whippersnapper from Hawai'i, (no Neiman Marcus here!) and trying to "fit in" with others, I signed that "palapala" (paper) in a New York second, handing over my Hawaii Driver's license for ID.

The clerk comes back to tell me, "Oh, I'm sorry. You have to be a citizen of the United States for this offer". [:0] All I could think to say to the big haired, buxom, beautiful woman was, "You know our flag has 50 stars, right?" [Big Grin] OMG.

Another clerk (in the nylon section) flew over and said to the blonde bombshell, "What rock did you crawl out from under, honey? Hawaeee is a state!" LMAO! Had fund shopping for my ohana with that instant credit card thingy within five minutes.

Thus, the girl who thought Chicago was a state, is kinda poor thing. However, ignorance abounds, no matter where you are. Forgive them, and be thankful you know better.

Hope things get better for you in the coming days. Attitude has a lot to do with it, and adjusting it. Especially during trying times, success in this area (adjusting to the environment) is the mark of a man (or woman, if it applies).

Merry Christmas!

JMO.
Thankyou Rob I assure you I am not going to or trying to cause any havoc on here. You have been seeing alot of posts on here through years and you know very well the wolf pack mentallity on here I will keep my posts to a minimum and sit back and enjoy the show

fb
FOB
'fresh off the boat' has always been a problem
Im a haole born and raised (Kaneohe) and Ive seen too many mainland know it all dumbarce kooks show up here and think they own the place and also think its just like Texas or Ohio etc. IOW they think they can act(out) the same here!!

its not!! get used to it or go back home... give the locals respect, keep it down and blend in.. easy done, if your a bright person and can see the red flags flying its never a prob..... some newbies get a 'dirt nap' their first week when they mouth off to the wrong dude, some have been here for 30+ years and have never had a beef with a single local.... its the same if you go to NYC and think you own the place and can do whatevas

feel lucky??? its not luck... its people that dont have entitlement issues

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Yeah, I've seen a lot of peaks and valleys. Generally its not my job to protect adults from each other.... when it gets to much I step in. On any given post I try to remember that I don't know the poster or what kind of day they are having or if they are smoking or drinking something.

My simplest advice is: Just because someone puts a hoop up in front of you does not mean you have to jump through it.

and

Don't feed the trolls.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Feed the troll, this should be interesting and a flaming topic by tomorrow.
Kalakoa, wish the opposite color of your logical answer could act Hawaiian or be from Hawaii and get treated like Hawaiians. My boys would be attending Kam high now if that was the case. Much higher standards as well as graduation rates and college scholarships offered at kam.

Jmo here of course. This area or community of Hawaii(Puna) is getting better at hiding, disguising, and excepting their racial differences. Was much, much worse 40 years ago. Probably still one of the most prejudice districts in one of the most prejudice states in america. Face the facts though the white mans tidal wave of promises of laws, courts, freedom, and economic power has taken and destroyed or changed everything it has run over(sad). Some change is good, some change is bad. Hard to hold animosity towards those who have been affected the most by your own aggressive progressions and religions.
PS I reread ALL of your first post OP
IMO you may not last here with that 'anti-local' attitude
....youre best off on Oahu, but stay clear of the windward side lol
aloha

OP states already here a decade so your argument is bunk.
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

FOB
Im a haole born and raised (Kaneohe) and Ive seen too many mainland know it all dumbarce kooks show up here and think they own the place and also think its just like Texas or Ohio etc. IOW they think they can act(out) the same here!!

its not!! get used to it or go back home... give the locals respect, keep it down and blend in.. easy done, if your a bright person and can see the red flags flying its never a prob..... some newbies get a 'dirt nap' their first week when they mouth off to the wrong dude, some have been here for 30+ years and have never had a beef with a single local.... its the same if you go to NYC and think you own the place and can do whatevas

fb
quote:
Originally posted by haoleproud

quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

FOB

fb

I am not going to live in fear because I am not born here. That attitude you have sucks. This is ALOHA? Really? Listen to yourself and some of the other folks who replied. I fear no one and will not fear living here maybe they should fear vme? Im tired of the local BS that I have to act a bcertain way and kiss local ass are you serious? If your a haole is this what you have been forced down your throqat and you put up with it? Really? How freaking sad indeed this says alot about hawaii. All this talk about how great it is why is it so great? The scenary? Really what does this prejudice say about the aloha of pacific islanders? How many dead bodies were thrown of Mskenzie cliffs? ALOHA? REALLY? Wow what a paradise this is and you have convinced yourself that because you can smoke some pot its paradise REALLY

fb