Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing pot
What I see when someone uses the word haole is a racist. Someone who can't see the soul of a person, can't see their personality. They just can't get past skin color or ethnicity. Boring. Much of the local population here is obsessed with ethnicity, a carry over from the plantation days. Back then it was all about race literally. Most everyone was an indentured laborer in a racial caste system. It seems there's not enough education or culture on this island to bring the folks up to speed with the rest of the of the progressive world. Nope we are stuck in the plantation mentality eternally here. Would someone please make an announcement for those caught in a time warp?

Maybe when identifying someone, but please use the word caucasian or white. Haole is no different than nigger. Boring.

I suggest everyone on this forum ignore any and all racial remarks and maybe they will get it if the announcement didn't work.

You guys gotta really start reading everything someone says instead of just one or two sentences. Just my opinion. I see that a lot here. Hard to have a real conversation like that. Try read um all Wink
Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
When the sun came shining, and I was strolling,
And the wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling,
As the fog was lifting a voice was chanting:
This land was made for you and me.

This land is your land
This land is my land
This land was made for you and me.
-Woody Guthrie
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
It's good to realize as much people who don't think it's their kuleana to understand the Hawaiian, his history and culture, (which is shown on this forum by the usual screen names) there are just as many or more that do. Wink
Think this, think that but the facts are as follows. Cultures only grow in petri dishes, once contaminated they become part of a new culture. Science has proven this time and time again. May as well leave the lid off and breath in all that fresh air. Don't worry we'll all grow on one another in time. Wink
Naw, Mexico owned California, then got crowded out by gold-hungry incomers from the rest of the world. And they just kept coming until Californians couldn't afford to live where they were born, and had to move to other states... sound familiar?

quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

" just really frustrated our island is changing so fast and seems for the worse."
Welcome to the "progress" of this century. This why many of us have moved here. I know development will be greatly curbed by Kilauea.
My former home town is asshole to belly button houses, auto and marine traffic congested. Nothing like the lazy place I grew up in. And yes we were invaded by Foreigners and it started with them crazy Californians trying to escape California paying $3 on the dollar for a house. I think they were invaded by Mexicans... So there you have it - it's the Mexicans who started it all. Wink

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >(>
Braddah, I'm not a traditionalist native, I'm a former pro body boarder . My life is the beach and swells. Best friends for life who Bodyboarded with me on this island growing up were Haole,hapa Haole, Japanese, Italian hapa, mixed, Hawaiian, Portuguese. We living dat life cuz. We all still can respect. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

It's good to realize as much people who don't think it's their kuleana to understand the Hawaiian, his history and culture, (which is shown on this forum by the usual screen names) there are just as many or more that do. Wink

Why is it all about you and your supposed culture? What about everyone else? Oh wait, they don't matter do they? Narcissism is a dish best served ala carte.
007 you might want to read the post above yours. Smile
Naw, Mexico was just a mere 20 or so years of age and the result of New Spain becoming a wobbly independent Mexico. Unfortunately they didn't have the former backing of Spain to keep those borders where they had been previously established. It was the price they paid for independence I'd say. Wink