Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good grinds?
"and a couple of them are patio dog friendly, which makes them Kiko favs..."

Carey, which ones are dog friendly? We have a friendly lab Kika that would like to tag along now and then. :-)
Bears (Terry was wonderful with dogs!)& Peles Kitchen have the sidewalk seats & allow dogs, as does Surf Break Cafe, Boocha Cafe, Cruisin Coffee & Sharkeys Patio annex in Hilo, along with take out from Isles Cafe & eating at Liliokanai Park (We also have enjoyed the outdoor seating at Spoonfuls Cafe w/Kiko, but not positive that it is "dog friendly", or just Kiko friendly!) (Add; I should add that many of these have watched our dog blossom...so maybe there is some extra lovin' for this dog...but we have had good results with all of them)

I often thought a great add on to the Keaau Dog Park &/or Liliokalani Park would be a mobile cafe....serving people & doggie drinks & treats!
Surfbreak even brought out a bowl of water for our dog! Cold water on a hot day, no less[Big Grin]
Kaalaiki Lunch Shop in Na'alehu next to the basketball courts.
Mental Teri burger with grass fed homegrown Ka'u beef. Specials are always mean too. They give choke.

Aunty Pon's Cafe 14 w.Lanikaula St.
Just opened and has some MENTAL Thai food. Some Japanese too but I haven't tried yet.
Curries are onolicious!

Tuk Tuk Thai truck up Volcano. Really good and really fresh. Saturday n Sunday at Cooper Center
And you can phone order on weekdays.
http://www.tuk-tukthaifood.com
Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
Can't wait to try the "Tuk Tuk Thai truck up Volcano"... Prices are reasonable to cheap for Volcano, and the food looks (from the menu) ono!

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be eating there on the way up to the lot on the weekends.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
Dang...I'm hungry!

Best wishes
Best wishes
Some of my favorite grinding places over the years have served their time already. Places like Lily's down south in naalehu had the best fish period. Doi burgers could not be beat for miles on the west side. Pearls food was all good as I never had one bad plate. Other places that have good food and have withstood time is Freddy's near Wialoa, TeX drive in Honakaa, and Dons grill in Hilo. My favorite two meals ordered or most common when eating out are simple teri-burgers or if real hungry I grab the teri-beef plates. I never had teri-beef anywhere on the mainland that was any good.
I believe Shaka's in Naahelu has the best fish and chips on the island, not greasy and fresh fish. The honey dipped fried chicken is also very good. I think Maui Tacos in the mall has the best Mexican food on the island and they honor the KauKau card for 10% off. Hilo Siam Thai is the best Thai in Hilo and with the KauKau card they offer 20% off. Finally Verna's across from Ken's has a very delicious Teri-Ono fish burger.

What is the KauKau card?

Kaukau card is a discount card I bought from the Hilo Crescent City Lion's club. It's good until 9-15. I have already earned my investment back and it supports a Great Lions club.

More info here;
http://hilocrescentcitylions.blogspot.co...lions.html

The discounts really add up and I think there's still plenty of time left even if you buy one now!