Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effort to Remove Orchidland Directors
A Special Membership Meeting will be held on Saturday, February 21st at 9 am at the Eagles Lodge to consider removal of several members and officers of the Orchidland Community Association. The list of charges presented in the petition calling for the meeting can be found at this location:

http://orchidland.org/wp-content/uploads...Claims.pdf

Among the charges in the petition are financial mismanagement, conspiracy to undermine equitable informed voting by the membership, "forgiving" outstanding debt to allow a resident to run for office, encouraging an environment that led to a physical altercation at a recent Board meeting, etc.

I'd strongly encourage all Orchidland residents to attend and participate in this meeting.
My god, it's spreading. First HPP and now Orchidland. Where will it end?

Can't help thinking there's some analogy to be drawn here with the anti-vaccination crowd on the mainland. Bit of a stretch, I'll admit, but it came to mind immediately after reading KeaauRich's post.
People always wonder why the world is the way it is, and the only answer is because the world is a culmination of communities. Bunch of petty, emotional and apparently violent squanderers'.

If you can't come together and figure out what's best for the community, you're doing it wrong and or someone has ulterior interests.

Godspeed.

Living on the side of creation.
I used to serve on a road board in one of the subdivisions and I was amazed what a large percentage of folks on every side of the aisle, were unwilling to consider COMPROMISE. Without it none of these boards will work.
If you can't come together and figure out what's best for the community, you're doing it wrong and or someone has ulterior interests.

Congratulations: you've just described Puna.
quote:

Congratulations: you've just described Puna.

>>Takes bow<<

the same move to remove board members was made in Hawaiian acres. It did not work out very well. the roads remain in deplorable condition and the community center still has expired permits . people are tired of paying dues to organizations that appear to have little to no accountability to its members.
So whom started this petition? It doesn't say. I have a suspicion it was the ousted trouble makers that have been causing all the trouble before. What a bunch of BS.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
tired of paying dues to organizations that appear to have little to no accountability

Again: County FTR?

The amount of "discontent" per subdivision seems to be directly proportional to (number of lots * annual dues).

hawaiian acres....roads remain in deplorable condition

No mandatory dues (nor CC&Rs) in HA, so fewer lawsuits, and no dedicated thread topic(s) on Punaweb.
true no mandatory dues and it is reflected in the condition of the roads and community center. fewer lawsuits?? there is active ongoing lawsuit in the courts right now.