Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian acres roads/community association
quote:
Originally posted by justthefacts

laurie you should address your comment to barry he wrote the quote. you are right you were the office manager for 10 years for HACA and HARC . you resigned . at one point you managed over $200,000.00 for both organizations that was approximately $100,000.00 for HACA and $100,000.00 for HARC combined total approximately $200,000.00 for 10 years . oh and you were paid very well to do it I think if I remember approximately $24.00 an hour is that correct ?

Your rememberance is very, very wrong. I was making $16.50/hr for office management services when I resigned after 10 years to work with other clients and make $20-24/hr for all bookkeeping and payroll services. Your figures are completly wrong for HACA & HARC income. Funny, for a former treasurer you would think you could come up with closer figures! HACA, dues $30/yr, 1200 members is $39,000.00 a year. And that was a good year. HARC in its best year (1) was 84,000.00. Add them together and understand that all the other years had less members and less income. If you like, I can dig out some old records and get you a more concise amount for what I managed over 10 years.
But for now, in the spirit of community& truth, I will ask you a question and assume the best:
What are you trying to say about my office management services?
Barry, Mimosa, TomK, ShockWaveRider, I so appreciate you comments and concerns about the roads. Dry weather driving is much different, of course. Turn around dont drown are words of wisdom. Not just in our subdivision either. My question, and I will assume the best, is: Have you paid 2015 dues to HARC and if not why?
quote:
Originally posted by 2bad4u

Barry in reference to your 2/20 post on page 19 inviting my participation (in your crazy posts) by asking my opinion, let me give it to you.
Your name is not Barry. You think you are tooooo cute and tooooo smart, whoever you are. Its really clear that your objective is to do nothing other than continue stirring up hostility and problems. I have no interest in interacting with you. In fact personally think you should shut up. I also think Rob has been realy generous allowing you to continuee. Although, will be forced to show you the door in the near future as you just don't know when to stop.

Rob how about this post I thought name calling was allowed how about a warning

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

Barry, Mimosa, TomK, ShockWaveRider, I so appreciate you comments and concerns about the roads. Dry weather driving is much different, of course. Turn around dont drown are words of wisdom. Not just in our subdivision either. My question, and I will assume the best, is: Have you paid 2015 dues to HARC and if not why?

I don't live in HA, although I have friends and clients who do, so I know what the roads are like. We made a conscious decision not to buy there almost 10 years ago, because my partner really did not want to live someplace where we would have to own a PU truck, and where friends who didn't have one could not visit. I have known people on certain roads in HA who did get by with small cars, but they have all had to replace shocks and struts on a pretty regular basis. I really like it up there, much more than my partner, but the roads were the deal breaker for us.
laurie the amount for HARC hovered around $100,000.00 and was kept just under the 100K mark tax reasons? you forgot to add in the transfer fees. it would be nice if the "old" records you have could be returned to the office as it seems they are missing theirs. as to HACA they also have transfer fees and there is other money that comes in from county for fire department , I think some for community watch , I have been religiously taking notes at meetings that's where I have collected some of the information . also I am still not sure why there is a huge amount of money being held in a CD ? for HACA I would have hoped that it would be spent on the community center rather then carried through year to year and taxes being paid on it ,
We too lived in HA.

Just for the record, I like the sensibilities of most people in the Acres. Despite what I have seen here, my experience in real life there has been so much more community-orientated and friendly.

Our deal breaker was my health issues up there, and of course the roads but our travel was only to almost the corner of 7&E. yes next to Roberta. But oh do i miss HA in August when it is cooler than down here!

We did have two trucks, and one toyota station wagon.

As renters we offered to pay road dues as residents that used the roads.

I also worked at HACA i believe right before Laurie (95? 96?) when Roberta was prez.

You all got a special place up there. I am not so fond of the spirit of where I live, as I was of it up there in HA. Some really good people, some really bad roads! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by justthefacts

laurie the amount for HARC hovered around $100,000.00 and was kept just under the 100K mark tax reasons? you forgot to add in the transfer fees. it would be nice if the "old" records you have could be returned to the office as it seems they are missing theirs. as to HACA they also have transfer fees and there is other money that comes in from county for fire department , I think some for community watch , I have been religiously taking notes at meetings that's where I have collected some of the information . also I am still not sure why there is a huge amount of money being held in a CD ? for HACA I would have hoped that it would be spent on the community center rather then carried through year to year and taxes being paid on it ,

Assume the best and ask questions. These are the directions. I will appreciate a response to my 2 questions, justthefacts.
Transfer fees were not collected by HARC for most of the years I was OM. HACA did receive transfer fee income, but it was $25.00 for each transfer. Not a hugely significant amount during those years. The volunteer fire dept and community watch did not bring in funds for HACA. "Huge amount" in a CD? Prudent retention of assets is a requirement of the HACA board. All boards kept a reasonable amount of funds in savings or CD, except for HARC boards, as their mandate was to spend it all or allocate it by years' end. Question 1) What do you mean "kept under 100K mark" for tax reasons? And about the records I have, they are simply copies of the public records from meetings, my copies as OM. Question 2) What were you implying by asking me to "return" the old records because "they are missing theirs"?
wow hahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahhahahhah

just in case anyone here needs some extra h or a to work with ,,,,

im going out this afternoon to drive the numbered roads as promised,,,, hope to meet all you good folks along the way,,,,,,,,,,,, and yes ill wave at your cameras and of course pick up the trash that marks the impassable stretches ,,,,,, stay tuned

laurie ,,,, you keep up the good fight girl ,,we are just two of many that see the good work yourself and so many others have done over the years . never in the years we have been here did we suspect you of anything that was inappropriate or deceitful,,, and yes since we have been found out to some degree ,,, we cant hide the fact that we just bought on 10 rd,,,we have been living here since 99 and have seen the river flood and the puddles overflow ,,,and even at its worst there was always a way to get in and out,,, from 10 road ,,,, even before facts had the concrete poured at 9 and c and 10 and c . it would be my pleasure to drive the roads ,,,each and every mile with my camera and make photos available of the roads and their condition,,,,,, at lease then maybe some of this trolls and their behavior will go away ! perchance to dream !
laurie on the Hawaiian acres facebook page there are some posts made by lance saying records are not available and some accusations as to why they are not available. you might want to share what you have with him .
barry you are starting to sound like Nathan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just saying
Barry - We have a law enforcement family friend who has lived on Road 10 for over 37 years.He is born n raised here like my husband.He has not heard or seen a bull dozer in the last 9 months on where you say you have recently bought and moved into,so my husband and myself in our lifted white 1974 4x4 Dodge truck drove from D to C on 10 today,and we did NOT see any evidence of any recent bulldozing on your one mile stretch of road.We know most of the licensed dozer operators on this island and have made calls and not one of them has done any dozing in the last 2 years on where you say you recently bought and bulldozed your new lot.
Would you be so kind as to let us know whom you used to doze your lot and when was this done,which pole number is your lot near Barry,we would like to come down for a personal visit.We will bring some fresh baked organic breads and fruit from our orchards.We can come after church on Sunday if this is ok with you.
Mrs.Mimosa