Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
taking a dog to hawaii ?
does anybody know how long is this quarantine for dogs coming from the mainland ?

Abby
Abby
Your dog dioes not have to be qurrantined t all if you take care of all the prerequisites several months in advnce before yo plan on arriving.
Get the rabies shots needed and hralth exam, microchip, blood test which is sent to a lab in Kansas. These all have to be done within a certain time to be eligible to just take your dog from irport. There is an early release fee involved too from holding are if ll paperwork is recieved by them just pay another 150 bucks or so. Its veryy involved. The process is also very hard on the pet too trust me. Grueling in fact. Do not sedate your dog or pet it only confuses anilam more makes it harder for them to cope. If its a dog you can give a benadryl tablet 45 minutes before arriving t airport this helps relax dog abit.

frank battaglia
Thanks, that's what i figured, the most important thing for me is not to put it too hard on the doggie.
Thanks for your help !

Abby

Abby
Abby
Abby,
Go to this website: http://www.hawaiiag.org/hdoa/ai_aqs_info.htm for the OFFICIAL word on the subject.

Aloha,
Gene

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Thanks a lot, it really help me a lot !
I won't bring a dog right away since i am moving to hawaii in 2 weeks, i don't have the requirments. Sad

Abby
Abby