Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Support TMT - Please sign the petition
If Mauna Kea is sacred then what is Mauna Loa, chopped liver? Indeed, why stop at the summit? The protestors should start by blocking traffic in downtown Hilo and work their way up.

Gypsy69, breathe in breathe out isn't enough? Try thinking before posting and maybe you wouldn't post so much foolishness?
Why do you end nearly very sentence with a question mark? Do you often threaten people you disagree with? Is that a good example for your kids?
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

"Anyway this 18 story telescope will probably be built in a manmade hole or lowspot in hopes to keep a lower profile, yet Canada might be able to still see it?."

No, the TMT will not be visible from Canada.

Why do I bother?

ETA: I'm starting to agree with knieft that this is a troll. No-one can be this stupid.

Gypsy69 Most likely was referring to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Fran..._Telescope
Which should of occurred to you IMHO
Paulw, you are one of the few fire ants like myself on this forum. You can continue to hate where you are in life, or you can try and relate I'll choose the latter. In case you haven't noticed questions are welcomed and encouraged on this forum, don't feel obligated to read or respond.
I have thick skin, but it does glow or get irritated at times, thankfully Rob has put some useful features on his forum so I can correct myself when I write things I obviously don't mean. Further instigation on this thread will only show the world more of WHITE mountains new guardians ignorance and selfish ways of living. Jmo.
Gypsy69, I don't hate where I am in life, I'm sorry that you do.

All you have to do is apologize for polluting my thread with your vile threats and we can move on.
You may also want to apologize to the person you threatened.

Own up to your mistakes, it's the adult thing to do.
"Threats of violence.......uneducated Hawaiians.....Barren Wasteland"

Go back and read some of the crap many of you are posting on this thread.

Some of you are cowards. Effing cowards if you ask me. Your arrogance, ignorance, and cowardice on the topic has reared its ugly head time and time again. When many of you should just admit -- you hate it when Brown folks rise up. In contrast, you LOVE brown folks when they tell you what you want to hear and they act the way you want them to act. In short, a subjugated Hawaiian is a good Hawaiian. Good 'ol Kanaka does what he is told -- whether it deals with 'aina or his soul. Brings to mind the lyrics of a song that illustrates my point quite well, "I don't wear shoes upon my feet, to be at ease is such a treat, I'm so happy as can be -- that's the Hawaiian in me." Well my friends, those days are over. That romanticized version of Hawaii so many of you fell in love with is changing my friends. Prepare for more of what you are witnessing. This latest episode on the Mauna has been able to do what OHA, the State, Kau Inoa, Kanaeoluwalu and any other nation building effort have not been able to do -- and that is to UNIFY a critical mass of Hawaiians. Not only will the TMT NOT be built, the Hawaiian Nation's return is all but assured. Think many of you are paranoid now? Watch what plays out here in the coming years.

And many of us -- Hawaiian and non-Hawaiians will sit back in all of our glory and celebrate. Rest assured, our day will come. I'm sure there are many of you, along many neo-colonialist brown folks and uncle Tom types who would beg to differ. Fair enough, I can't fault them. The 50th star has been good to them and their collective bottom lines. And then there are the Richard Ha's, Wally Ishibashis and all other money hungry, businessmen confusing folks like you into believing that they represent the Kanaka mindset. No, they represent MONEY, and the businesses that are at stake to make quite a windfall from the construction of the TMT. And they have all been exposed, and will continue to be blasted in the new war theater -- social media. No turning back now. Keep thinking that the folks on the Mauna are simply unemployed Hawaiians with green bottles, smoking kool cigarrettes and EBT cards. Yep, keep thinking that. Because while you are thinking that, those young, savy, educated Kanaka will make Hawaii greater than it can ever be. And if that means YOU will feel a bit more uncomfortable...then so be it. You can simply leave.

A'OLE TMT. (HINT: THIS IS MUCH MORE THAN A TELESCOPE)
Richard Ha's... represent MONEY, and the businesses that are at stake to make quite a windfall from the construction of the TMT

They're building the telescope with Richard Ha's bananas? It must be with one of his super secret 30 meter GMO bananas... (hope the curve doesn't distort the images)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Let's add: simmering racism.

Classy bunch, those anti-telescope people.
quote:
Originally posted by 2liveque

Go back and read some of the crap many of you are posting on this thread.

Some of you are cowards. Effing cowards if you ask me. Your arrogance, ignorance, and cowardice on the topic has reared its ugly head time and time again. When many of you should just admit -- you hate it when Brown folks rise up. In contrast, you LOVE brown folks when they tell you what you want to hear and they act the way you want them to act. In short, a subjugated Hawaiian is a good Hawaiian. Good 'ol Kanaka does what he is told -- whether it deals with 'aina or his soul. Brings to mind the lyrics of a song that illustrates my point quite well, "I don't wear shoes upon my feet, to be at ease is such a treat, I'm so happy as can be -- that's the Hawaiian in me." Well my friends, those days are over. That romanticized version of Hawaii so many of you fell in love with is changing my friends. Prepare for more of what you are witnessing. This latest episode on the Mauna has been able to do what OHA, the State, Kau Inoa, Kanaeoluwalu and any other nation building effort have not been able to do -- and that is to UNIFY a critical mass of Hawaiians. Not only will the TMT NOT be built, the Hawaiian Nation's return is all but assured. Think many of you are paranoid now? Watch what plays out here in the coming years.

And many of us -- Hawaiian and non-Hawaiians will sit back in all of our glory and celebrate. Rest assured, our day will come. I'm sure there are many of you, along many neo-colonialist brown folks and uncle Tom types who would beg to differ. Fair enough, I can't fault them. The 50th star has been good to them and their collective bottom lines. And then there are the Richard Ha's, Wally Ishibashis and all other money hungry, businessmen confusing folks like you into believing that they represent the Kanaka mindset. No, they represent MONEY, and the businesses that are at stake to make quite a windfall from the construction of the TMT. And they have all been exposed, and will continue to be blasted in the new war theater -- social media. No turning back now. Keep thinking that the folks on the Mauna are simply unemployed Hawaiians with green bottles, smoking kool cigarrettes and EBT cards. Yep, keep thinking that. Because while you are thinking that, those young, savy, educated Kanaka will make Hawaii greater than it can ever be. And if that means YOU will feel a bit more uncomfortable...then so be it. You can simply leave.

A'OLE TMT. (HINT: THIS IS MUCH MORE THAN A TELESCOPE)

Wow. You are just another racist. Shame on you. [B)]
When many of you should just admit -- you hate it when Brown folks rise up. In contrast, you LOVE brown folks when they tell you what you want to hear and they act the way you want the

Your views of the world are not anyone's but your own! Assuming you know what we think or feel is why we give you no credit not because of the color of your skin.

I agree, that this kind of talk says a lot about the movement as a whole - from words like these to dakines (whatever he said about all the haoles can leave) to the guy making death threats. Not a very bright or accomplished bunch I'd say.
Those grey folks way up there looking down on all this must be toasting that vast vacuum in the sky about now.
It's clear that the Human race has a very long way to go before being worthy of climbing out of our jointly occupied cradle and wandering about the cosmic bedroom in person. Hell, we're still bickering about who gets to call the shots in a respective area of the cradle when we've not even been able to stop 5hitting our diapers and smearing it around on one another.

Let me clue a few in on a secret, no nation or it's people on this planet are truly sovereign and we're all controlled by same fat baby in the middle. If you want to lay claim to something, find out how to get us the hell out of this crowded cradle FIRST.

IMO... let the kids look outside the cradle and tell us what they see and stop smearing crap all over them because you think that space will allow you freedom from that fat baby in the middle. It's just as cramped over there too and I doubt you'll look over the side and tell the rest of us what's out there any time soon. In other words, stop your sniveling, we're all in this same stinky cradle together.