Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Support TMT - Please sign the petition
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Tomk, you needed maybe 6 beers to give you the excuse to be a child again. I had wrote that I wanted an envite to the top of maunakea by king tomk, so I could kick your pompous white ass all the way down the mountain. You being a drunk rock or star watcher does not impress me, your lack of respect sickens my stomach. No real threat, just wanting, wishing, and waiting.

Sorry Opihikao, trying to breath yet I lack my inner ha at the moment. Will try and take a break from this forum as to not offend to many, My apologies.

reading back most of gypsys posts he might be mentally impaired and in need of medical assistance.

dakine is somehow not aware that the fastest growing population segment on this island is mainland transplants. If you dont like us now boy howdy you will really hate us in 10 more years!
gypsy,
Yesterday you were extremely concerned about the wekiu bug:

What if a new cure for brain disease or cause of a rare pneumonia could be found in an endangered bug or species atop Maunakea? Yet because of the continued race to space atop this sensitive environment we never find it at all?

Today TomK let us know that the wekiu is doing well on the summit. Isn't that good news?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
As far as I can tell PW's demographics is predominately fairly new arrivals to the islands
dakine, how would you define fairly new?

new arrivals... that bring very little in the way of humility with them.
Probably due to the extra baggage fees implemented in recent years by the airlines.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
dakine, he of "all haoles should shut up and go back where they came from", please teach me more about humility.

I'm also interested in the definition of "fairly new". Anyone who has been here 1 day less than you?
A word from our sponsor:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/wesupporttmt.html

Please consider sending the link to any friends of science that you know.
"Some of you are cowards. Effing cowards if you ask me. Your arrogance, ignorance, and cowardice on the topic has reared its ugly head time and time again...."

Yeah, I'm just not seeing it. At all.

Also I have been here 26 years now. Am I still an outsider? As for humility or arrogance, much of what I see from the protesters is the equivalent of going out in public in only your underwear. Is it arrogance to point out inappropriate behavior or flaws in reasoning? There really is a sort of "Emperor's New Clothes" phenomenon going on here in which even those who are not themselves actively running around saying and doing inappropriate things are unable to see it in others because of the "sacredness" of the cause. Gawd that word is overworked and devalued here.

Gypsy69, TomK is one of the voices of reason here. You are not. Many of your speculations are indeed gibberish.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

reading back most of gypsys posts he might be mentally impaired and in need of medical assistance.

dakine is somehow not aware that the fastest growing population segment on this island is mainland transplants. If you dont like us now boy howdy you will really hate us in 10 more years!

Welcome to Punaweb, KJ. This is the kind of comment that warrants addressing. First, we are well aware of the population demographics. To call people "boy" reflects the historic "masters and slaves" connotation. Please choose your words more carefully in the future, as this volatile subject doesn't need anymore disrespect of each other.

Second, what are you people going to do "in 10 more years" to incite more hate? Please. Enough is enough.

As to your comment about gypsy, again, so disrespectful. Compassion needs to be shown when others may not express themselves in the manner we expect. This is an emotional issue, and some leeway needs to be afforded to ALL. Threats are not productive, nor are snide remarks like yours.

Gypsy, taking a break is good. I apparently didn't take a long enough one, too. Centering ourselves is always a good thing. Enjoy your day, and some of us still try to understand your verve.

Apologies to all for the O/T.

So, KJ, do you support TMT, or are you just inciting more confrontation? TMT support is the subject of this thread. SMH.

Thank you.

JMO.

ETA; typo
yeah, i think Kapoho Joe may have offended 2liveque.
yeah, Paul... how could you shamelessly misrepresent the spirit of dakine's original statement. (eye roll)