Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
Most Hawaiians or Locals understand and respect the mountain of Maunakea's past, present, and future. Where as the scientists, politicians, and those put in charge of maunakea do not. They have not protected maunakea the way promised or expected up to this point and time. jmo. Obviously by wanting to continue the TMT project atop maunakea sooner than later, the intentions or purposes have not yet changed or swayed. Which again makes those many new worded promises, only that, promises with a few more pennies and strokes of disrespect attached.
The canoe sounds like a wonderful idea, gesture, or offering of peace or finding common ground. Also a great way of staying constructively busy and focused at the same time for the protectors, " not violent". Concerned how some protectors may be holding up on the mountain? Hope most have places to get warm at times or some much needed rest. Some may be missing work or family over this situation, I wish I could help in some way? Maybe bringing up some extra blankets, smiles, and standing shoes this next weekend could help ease my concerns.
Most Hawaiians or Locals understand and respect the mountain of Maunakea's past, present, and future.
Where as the scientists, politicians, and those put in charge of maunakea do not.

It's always good to start off a comment with some stereotypes, before you move on to the irrefutable evidence.

The canoe sounds like a wonderful idea... I wish I could help in some way?

Maybe a pickup truck load of water to float the canoe in?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Gypsy, you can help by going up there and joining them full time? Anything less would be disrespectful? JMO
quote:
Originally posted by MattKarma

As beat poetry, Gypsy's ramblings might actually be *good*.

lol they do kind of have a peculiar free-association / arbitrarily abstract appeal at times.
FYI: Wallace Ishibashi speaks at "Common Ground" meeting:

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/0...on-ground/

Blessing to this man, who is a strong, good soul. He stands for what he believes is right, as always. Mr. Ishibashi is in an extremely difficult position, and it is my hope Akua protects him during this process.

Very informative (albeit long) presentation.

JMO.

P.S. His position becomes even more difficult, given Gov. Ige's admonishment of the UH/DLNR as having "failed".
Pahoated, we're all somewhat "way off" in our interpretations, dare I say.

I've known Mr. Ishibashi for decades, and frankly, am concerned about his position; both on a "business level" (ie. unions, etc.), and on a personal level. This kind of crap takes a toll on anyone.

Saw all the "plans". Not a "Johnny come lately" type. Hell, spent 30+ years on geothermal! (with due respect)

Again, that's why we are where we are today: Plans are plans. IMPLEMENTING a plan is another level of proving integrity. To date, it is to be seen.

Another "again": Promises made must be kept. Otherwise, we are back to mistrust.

Again. FWIW. I'm going back to reading about our lava flow and the consequences thereto, if any loom in the foreseeable future. Otherwise, this TMT crap is getting to be a real oxygen sucker, and needs a good douse of peroxide. [Smile]

JMO.

P.S. So where is the "most sacred" place you speak of? Mahalo in advance.

P.S.S. RE: Your reference to the Union. "Jobs, jobs, jobs, and more jobs". Who do you think is pressuring OHA? LMAO! Please.
Pahoated, mahalo. Agreed.

Mauna A Wakea/Mauna Kea takes care of herself, and us, some believe. Always has, always will.

JMO.
I didn't expect this to happen. The Hawaii Supreme Court's decision to transfer the TMT CDUP appeal has expedited the final adjudication of this case. If the appeal had gone through the ICA, that decision would be likely appealed to the Hawaii Supreme Court anyway. In short, we're probably much closer to some kind of closure with this decision.

http://hpr2.org/post/tmt-case-taken-hawa...reme-court
Mahalo, AaronS, for the link and update. This has been in the wind ("ka makani") , not a cultural statement, but a "coconut wireless" statement. (lol)

It is interesting, isn't it? Perhaps the system works. (?) Time for decisions to be made, and hopefully, they weigh heavily on those "in charge".

It is time to move forward. TMT is not at fault here. UH/DLNR/State of Hawai'i, et al, must make right what has been described as a "failure" with regard to the promises made.

Moreso, due to "Conservation" land designation, which holds a higher standard (and higher damn taxes for us, "little people" should your property be in that zoning. Ugh! [xx(]).

Of note, we can't even build a hotel or any building on this island, which towers eighteen (18) stories high from sea level, never mind, on Mauna a Wakea/Mauna Kea, which sits on "Conservation" land, no less. The law used to be, "no higher than a coconut tree", then, "three stories high", etc.

Time to move forward and not penalize TMT, but penalize the State and the UH, DLNR, and all they are under the direction of. Very trying times, indeed. Promises made must be kept, however, TMT should not pay that penalty. The rest of the above listed should.

JMO.

The Hawaii Supreme Court is final arbitrator for appeals on the state level. If they invalidate the TMT's conservation district use permit, I can accept that. However, I wonder if the anti-TMT groups can accept a decision that upholds the TMT's CDUP. Their only option in this scenario is to petition the US Supreme Court, but there is no guarantee they'll accept the plaintiffs writ of certiorari.