Also illegal, last I checked:

- noise in excess of 70dB on Ag-zoned land
- living in a homemade shack
- drinking and driving
- creating subdivision without infrastructure
- recreational marijuana
- falsely claiming agricultural property tax exemption
- camping on Mauna Kea

With the time-honored local tradition of "selective enforcement", any or all of these activities may be pursued (for profit, or mere entertainment value) without fear of prosecution. Isn't that what America is all about?
With the time-honored local tradition of "selective enforcement"... these activities may be pursued (for profit, or mere entertainment value)... Isn't that what America is all about?

Think of it as Las Vegas in Hawaii. Maybe you win, but there's a chance you could lose. Without the long plane flight. Or floor show.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

shockwave rider, Relax.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Rob,
I'm not the one who implied that if no one got a video or photo it must not have happened, which in turn implies that those of us who say we saw it are lying. Maybe the person who implied that they didn't see it should relax a little.
Forget about "implied" stuff. It doesn't matter.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
...which in turn implies that those of us who say we saw it are lying.

I didn't "imply" anything, just asked a question. I just spent an hour online searching for a video or image of what you saw, but couldn't find anything. I did watch a couple of video's, one by James Borden, and another by Hon. James Manning, PHD asking for support for Borden. I didn't see anything like what you described.
Here is one example of what James Borden thinks about freedom of speech for other people, (as we defend his right to freedom of speech in this forum):

"Furthermore, all Moslems in the United States that want to continue practicing the Islam religion are to be deported to a Moslem country of their choice for it will be illegal to practice the Islam ideology in the U.S.

Islam is a foreign political system terrorist threat to the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, so therefore the Islam ideology is a deadly threat to the Republic of the United States of America and will be declared illegal within America. Any Moslem found practicing Islam will be fined and imprisoned.

All Moslem Organization’s are to be disbanded and all property and Moslem’s personal property is to be sold within a specific designated time period or else the property will become the property of the local community in which the property is located. All financial assets will be confiscated by the individual states.

All Islam buildings will be converted into other uses or destroyed and all mosques will be destroyed.

All Islam literature will be destroyed.

Islam will be extracted from American society."

https://www.sodahead.com/united-states/hillary-clinton-pushes-to-make-criticism-of-islam-a-crime-in-the-us/question-2333671/?page=3&postId=74368367#post_74368367&link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s
(At the link, click the "More" tag at the bottom of his post for his full comment & posted photos)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
dude's a lunatic.
quote:
Originally posted by SuperGu

...which in turn implies that those of us who say we saw it are lying.

I didn't "imply" anything, just asked a question. I just spent an hour online searching for a video or image of what you saw, but couldn't find anything. I did watch a couple of video's, one by James Borden, and another by Hon. James Manning, PHD asking for support for Borden. I didn't see anything like what you described.

So if it wasn't videotaped or photographed and posted on the internet it didn't happen?

There are a lot of things that go on that aren't posted on the internet, especially if they happen on a busy street where most of the observers are driving. I saw the "noose" effigies, so did Kapohocat, just because it wasn't documented on the internet doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I saw the "noose" effigies, so did Kapohocat

I did some years ago as well. It wasn't across from the park, but if I remember correctly along Kilauea Ave. it was quite a shock while driving, possibly the first time I saw him. So many thoughts running through my head, and picking up my cell phone to take a picture was definitely not one of them.