Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
Sir, (Aaron), I don't know you from Adam, nor your "sources".

I stand by my statements due to "sources" who I trust. (Seven or eight generations later, I know who to "trust" on this aina.)

As an old friend of yours says frequently: "PPPPFFFTTTTT..."(Apologies, however, don't know how many P's or F's or T's are involved.) Freaking exhausting. My Kupuna would throw an akualele already.

You should really get your blog back in swing, it did you well. Stay where your expertise is. At this point, you tend to oversee, or interpret my position in a different light of what is intended. It seems you have blinders on in your mission for TMT, or the roads in Kona, etc.

Kudos for your work, however, do NOT minimalize mine. Kupuna, Akua, and those who came here long before yourself and I, lead me. Let us, please, at this point, agree to disagree. (I'm not going to divulge any further information on this website/forum, of what I know to be truth, as the resolution doesn't come from "internet opinions"). As Ka'iulani stated, "Cumin does not belong on chicken".

This issue is far from over, make no mistake, and this will be my last response to you, and the like, on this matter. If we do not focus on what is transpiring before our very eyes, the respective positions will further hurt our Hawai'i if common ground is not found.

Focus, young ones, focus. All of you. This is the turning of the tide, as it were. HULI na ho'i.

Going back up to Mauna a Wakea/Mauna Kea in the morn. No one will hurt my ohana, who must stand on both sides.

E ho mai, ka ike mai, luna mai e... O na mea huna noeau, o na mele e, e ho mai, e ho mai, e ho mai e...

JMFO. (SMH)

Oh, for crying out loud. At this point I don't think anything will satisfy the protesters.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...l-hoku-kea

It's a broken telescope and has been unusable for years. It's not being used to teach astronomy and is one of the 13 telescopes that was a clear target for decommissioning. And then I read this:

"“In fact, it’s one of the telescopes we did not object to,” said Ward, a board member of the Hawaii Sierra Club. She said the group had written a letter in support of the telescope, which was to recycle one of Mauna Kea’s original observatory sites, when it was first proposed.

“At this point, we would like to see science that’s doing well on the mountain continue and the people who are working for those observatories continue their work, but we haven’t actually called for (early) decommissioning,” Ward said.
"

They want to keep a broken telescope that does no research or education whatsoever, they want to see science doing well on mountain, the people who work there continue to work, but recycle an older observatory that is working and doing great scientific work which means laying off the researchers, engineers, technicians and admin staff that work there and make the research possible.

I'm lost for words.

Pahoated,

In the mood I'm in right now, I'm very happy to call bollocks on statements said by those on either side of the debate.

"In fact, it was against the shell and the telescope because all the initial grading and leveling had been done months before the protesters finally saw the news notice that construction was beginning."

Bollocks.

What grading and leveling has been done?
Well Aaron S. is "published."

http://www.hawaii247.com/tag/aaron-stene/
https://disqus.com/by/aaron_stene/

From the above composite he seems to be another who is a Protest Groupie, a righteous indignation champion of all the latest things Hawaii. I wish he'd let TMT alone and go back to " I’m deeply concerned about the actions of the National Park Service and U. S Fish and Wildlife Service."
a righteous indignation champion of all the latest things Hawaii

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
AaronS lives in Hawaii, so why wouldn't he be interested in the latest things Hawaii?
His remarks in the links you posted are either short opinion pieces or observations he made in the "Comments" section of articles. To me they seem well considered, based on facts, and appear to contain a fair amount of background material from both sides of the issue he is writing about.

Is there anything wrong with that?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by opihikao

Sir, (Aaron), I don't know you from Adam, nor your "sources".

I stand by my statements due to "sources" who I trust. (Seven or eight generations later, I know who to "trust" on this aina.)

I stand by my statements because I trust my trust my source, which I'm not going to divulge as much as you push me to. We'll have to see how the oral arguments go on August 27th. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.

quote:
You should really get your blog back in swing, it did you well. Stay where your expertise is. At this point, you tend to oversee, or interpret my position in a different light of what is intended. It seems you have blinders on in your mission for TMT, or the roads in Kona, etc.

I ceased doing my blog back in 2012 because I grew tired of the negative responses I received. Someone also came to my work place, took a photo of me and slapped it on a website. This was the last straw. I decided to take my efforts underground after that.

I don't have my blinders on, as I do deep research on anything I comment on. Your insinuation that I only look at one side of the issue is offensive.

quote:
Kudos for your work, however, do NOT minimalize mine. Kupuna, Akua, and those who came here long before yourself and I, lead me.

I'm not trying to minimize your work. Its just some of your statements are very suspect. I guess we'll have to see how the August 27th oral arguments go.
quote:
Originally posted by Amrita

Well Aaron S. is "published."

http://www.hawaii247.com/tag/aaron-stene/
https://disqus.com/by/aaron_stene/

From the above composite he seems to be another who is a Protest Groupie, a righteous indignation champion of all the latest things Hawaii. I wish he'd let TMT alone and go back to " I’m deeply concerned about the actions of the National Park Service and U. S Fish and Wildlife Service."

You have no clue who I am, or what I stand for. The links you've posted are only a small snippet of what I've written over the years. I'm definitely not a "protest groupie", but I will go on a mat over issues that I believe will affect this island.
how interesting, according to opihikao it is mere untrustworthy banter to be irately dismissed when Aaron S posts well-researched factual comments, while she graciously characterizes Gypsy69's free-association logical traffic jams as "pearls in every bushel of oysters"?? now i've heard everything! ...almost.

"I stand by my statements due to "sources" who I trust. (Seven or eight generations later, I know who to "trust" on this aina.)"

when in doubt and without a firm logical leg to stand on, just pull out the ol' seniority by hereditary privilege posture.
Oh, PM2, you continue to entertain me. Yes, logic comes from within, and it helps to be blessed with koko from our ancestors.

I give not two hairballs about the actual legal arguments forthcoming, as the outcome won't really matter to some. Line is drawn "in the sand", as it were, by both sides. "106" will rear it's ugly head at some point, and perhaps OHA will be part of that effort. (My "sources" tell me...lol)

Now, just please get out of my shadow, thank you. [Smile] (Curtsey to the right) Oh, how do you people say it, "Give it a rest". Yes, I think that was it. Dismissed!

JMO.

ETA: typo, edit snark; seems easy enough to do. Thanks you guys for teaching how y'all roll!
quote:
I give not two hairballs about the actual legal arguments forthcoming, as the outcome won't really matter to some. Line is drawn "in the sand", as it were, by both sides. "106" will rear it's ugly head at some point, and perhaps OHA will be part of that effort. (My "sources" tell me...lol

Opihikao, first you didn't answer my question why do you think the Advisory Council for Historical Preservation is a joke? (your words, not mine)

Secondly, I reviewed Vol. 2 of the TMT FEIS from 2010. There was several comments stating a Federal Section 106 consultation should be conducted. However, the TMT responded by stating it isn't necessary because 1) The TMT project isn't receiving Federal funds, 2) Isn't being built on Federal land, and 3) Doesn't require a Federal permit, license, or any other approval.

Bear in mind the TMT FEIS was accepted by Governor Lingle in 2010 and is a binding document. It cannot be contested unlike the CDUP.

The follow- up letter from ACHP to the TMT dated June 2014 reaffirms this position. The Federal funds the NSF has given the TMT is to create a master plan for the United State's astronomy program, which includes the TMT. These grants are not being used for construction purposes. The latter would trigger a Federal Section 106 consultation.