Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
"Protectors" is kind of Orwellian Newspeak to me.
As is seen in some comments here, the willful ignorance, the constant
conflation of issues, the apparent political and financial opportunism
is breathtaking to me.
I support the building and use of the TMT. It has taken 7 years of process to get to this point.
TMT has jumped through the hoops- build it already.
As far as TMT itself is concerned, the opposition is misguided.
Using the TMT as a "pressure point" for other issues seems like extortion or blackmail.
What happens now?

Well, now it's Tuesday. Time for the dreaded sixth notice.
kalakoa that gave me my laugh for the day! Smile

Pam in CA
Pam in CA

gypsy69
Kamaaina

USA
899 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 : 19:56:23 Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

Well here is a thought I had for some state revenue. Tom you probably would know best if its even slightly possible? Could snow be man made up near the summit on most nights? Is it cold enough for some snow making machines? See if we could consistently make snow up near the top we could discuss all kinds of possible revenue makers. Personally I would love to see some extreme skiing and or ski jumping. Also holding ponds or lakes from the daily melted snow could offer lots of potential? Maybe some snow sales, where they load your truck full of the white stuff before you depart the summit?
I have gone skiing at least a half dozen times up there in the past(not sure if its still aloud)absolutely stunning and crazy dangerous. Mountain biking, hiking, and other extremes would be some narly adventures too. With such spacious observatories already there, with more sure to come. We should have a nice romantic place to eat near the top with plenty of entertainment too.

Edited by - gypsy69 on 03/04/2015 19:57:02

Edit to add link to more pearls http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20668&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=ski
narly dude
"Protectors" is kind of Orwellian Newspeak to me.

whatta coincidence. I had exactly the same thought, punaticbychoice.

Seems to have since expanded from "protectors" to a few other Newspeak terms as well. Aloha 'Aina Patriots, etc. And what was that other term for the illegal checkpoints blocking public access... "aloha safety check". yeah, that was it.

added link: http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2014/...-newspeak/

-------------------

That's going to take some practise, it will be, er, unsimple. So the road unopenings by the unwiseful to everyone wanting a speedful trip to the summit was softly unlegal and the diseaseful thinking from those that unopened the road is sillied if they thinked it would changed people's dispinions.

Not sure it'll catch on. It's diseasy!
No worries, Tom, it seems that all politicians speak this language by default. If we studied their speech patterns we'd figure it out soon enough.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
TomK: @7/28 21:53:18
LOL.++++
TomK, I bellyfeel your doubleplusgood Newspeak.