Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential restrictions to Mauna Kea access
quote:
Originally posted by Kaimana

Do these Hawaiian Nationals have entry visas for the US? (Having "taken up arms" against the US, their possible US Citizenship is void, right? Isn't that how we deal with terrorists now?)

Why would they need a visa for their own country?

Sheer dysfunction is putting it kindly.

And now our suspicions are proven true.

I knew it from day 1 when I saw the Flags were flying upside down.

If you are going to stand for a cause against something and claim to be Pono in doing so, and you say it isn't about sovereignty then you fly the flag upright. Duh

There's different people with different reasons for protesting, but majority of them have been saying that Hawaii has been illegally occupied since day 1. Actually since the DOI came to Keaukaha.

Be honest and revolt like all other oppressed people have. This back door BS with the TMT makes you look like a bunch of third world clowns.
Be honest and revolt like all other oppressed people have. This back door BS with the TMT makes you look like a bunch of third world clowns.

Care to explain?
As per that RJ video ..

I'm getting it correct that they do not recognize the Authority Handing them the Paper but near the end they gonna go to Court and Get a TRO ???

Trying to make sense of this but also not get wrapped up in it...

aloha,
pog

Edit to add ... I don't want to watch it again. Too __________.
quote:
Originally posted by Kaimana

[i]

There's different people with different reasons for protesting, but majority of them have been saying that Hawaii has been illegally occupied since day 1. Actually since the DOI came to Keaukaha.

What does any of that have to do with the TMT?
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

... The TMT projects lawyers only formed or found loopholes to support their own cause to have the wekiu bug taken off the endangered list in my opinion. Millions were spent studying the wekiu, millions were spent to change the wekiu habitat, millions were spent to have the wekiu bug removed from those first cones or be taken off the endangered list..

TMT lawyers had nothing to do with removing the bug from the endangered species list! I dare you to call the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and accuse them of being being bought by the TMT!

Oct. 24, 2011 - YEARS BEFORE the TMT was even dreamed about being built:

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service:

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/news/478.html

"The removal of the wekiu bug is based on the successful management of the summit of Mauna Kea on the island of Hawaii. Survey work resulted in more than doubling the number of sites where this species is found. The protection and monitoring of the wekiu bug provided through the management plans for Mauna Kea has precluded the need to list this species."
------------

Of course though, gypsy, you will continue to ignore FACTS and continue to spout outright lies in the hopes that someone will believe you.
So, where we might say history is not written by the vanquished, in Hawaii's case the vanquisher has been wishy washy and allowed generation after generation of descendants of the original Hawaiian Kingdom to live their lives in hopes of a day when some version of reparations will be made.
-----------

Of course, its all about the money.
If only the Native Americans had as many purely race-based benefits and programs as the poor Hawaiians. How much in $ have those poor Hawaiians already received in race-based benefits? Would that amount be subtracted from those reparations first? Would the Hawaiians owe the US money?
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

What does any of that have to do with the TMT?
I actually think if not the TMT then it's possible we're heading towards real revolution, and if so, so be it. It is after all a very honorable path in the American culture. It is pono imo.

I strongly believe there is silent majority who would be opposed to restoring the Hawaiian Kingdom. I am not Hawaiian, but I was born in Kealakekua and raised in Kailua-Kona. I'm strongly opposed to restoring the kingdom on the grounds that it wouldn't be in the best interests all of the residents of Hawaii.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

So, where we might say history is not written by the vanquished, in Hawaii's case the vanquisher has been wishy washy and allowed generation after generation of descendants of the original Hawaiian Kingdom to live their lives in hopes of a day when some version of reparations will be made.
-----------

Of course, its all about the money.
If only the Native Americans had as many purely race-based benefits and programs as the poor Hawaiians. How much in $ have those poor Hawaiians already received in race-based benefits? Would that amount be subtracted from those reparations first? Would the Hawaiians owe the US money?

I am still waiting for reparations for the original native Hawaiians (not the last wave of polynesians that killed off the original native hawaiians and asummed the mantle) and the reparations to the other island alii for Kamehameha's illegal overthrow.

the good ol USA, were to have all agreed that the islands were rightfully theirs and stuck to that point throughout time.

dakine are you saying it was US government policy the islands rightfully belonged to the Hawaiian monarchy?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Why do any of you bother to reply to Dakine?

Its the rhetorical equivalent of giving crack to an addict.