Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential restrictions to Mauna Kea access
I looked her up but found this

http://www.ilind.net/2015/04/24/obscenit...upporters/

Can't have been what I was meant to find...very outdated

But seeing it freaked me out..must go to bed

Hoping for no nightmares, which I do get, unfortunately. Hope all will be at peace.

Pam in CA
Pam in CA
That's what you end up with when someone says "do your own search".
I should have looked before I clicked...but I didn't, and now I have the chills.

Pam in CA
Pam in CA
Here you go, Mr. Tom:

Links re: Barry Neal (BTW he's a lovely man, and quite astute. Does, and has done, contract/consultant work on Mauna Kea and Haleakala)

CONSULTING METEOROLOGIST, B.D. Neal & Associates, Hawaii.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bar...%2C+hawaii

And, a little background:

Atmospheric Research & Technology LLC

Company Description: ART is headquartered in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii with manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Illinois. The company was established with the express purpose of providing equipment and service for acoustic remote sensing of the atmosphere. ART's president and principal, Mr. Barry D. Neal, has been qualified by the American Meteorological Society as a Certified Consulting Meteorologist. He has more than 25 years experience in performing and managing meteorological monitoring projects, including both sodar systems and tall-tower platforms.

JMO.
quote:
Originally posted by opihikao
Oh, AaronS, aren't you special! Born and raised, etc. Lucky, lucky, you! (...and many others. BTW, "sacred ground" you know...[Wink] You "know" right?)

You know you're a real derrière. I called you out on several postings that you made that were false.. Then you post childishly sarcastic comments about me as retribution. That is really mature of you, really it is. You have no idea who I am or what I stand for.
You have no idea who I am or what I stand for.

I pronounce it "welcome to PunaWeb".

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...olice-dlnr

Ahn said protesters weren’t threatened with arrest or told to move.
Ahn said the purpose of getting that information was to be able to keep officers responsible in case they violated protesters’ rights. It also worked to delay their arrival close to an hour, he said.

“It’s a matter of accountability,” said Ahn, 29, of Honokaa. “That’s the primary issue. If they are going to be arresting people, we would like to know who they are.”

Maybe police and DNLR should take their cue from the protestors and ask for protestor's I.D. Find out who on the mountain is part to the official protest, who isn't, then when someone goes off on a rock throwing, feces smearing, car ramming escapade, officials can verify to be sure that person is a rogue element. It would be for the protestors own benefit and safety. "Accountability" as it were.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by imagtek

I will go away for awhile and spare you any more of this.

Please don't. Your post was excellent, although of course it will make some people unhappy.
keep officers responsible in case they violated protesters' rights

Non-protestors have rights too, or doesn't that count?
"Non-protestors have rights too, or doesn't that count?"

Maybe in the oppressive fake State, not necessarily so in the rightful Kingdom.

Free the Mauna!