Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we headed backwards culturally?
Look up the word biotechnology Rob.

Brewing beer falls under the category of plant biotech. Its a very broad term. GMOs also fall under the category of plant biotech.
HOTPE, Thats an effective and appropriate use of caps if i've ever seen one. I really felt your emphasis it was almost like an ominous musical score startef playing in the background when I got to that part.

Love your posts - keep it up.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Isn't Plant Biotech also referred to as GMO?

Plant biotechnology is different from GMO or genetic engineering. Biotech uses the organic macro level cells and biomolecular processes to change characteristics. Making cheese from milk is biotechnology, other methods like selective breeding and fermentation. GMO should start being called by what it is, Genetic Engineering. The gene structure is altered directly, mostly on a macro molecular level now but that is changing rapidly. Actually, biotechnology is probably one of those jobs that will be obsolete in the near future, being replaced by genetic engineering. There have been massive technical hurdles to be able to use gene splicing like working with Legos but those technical hurdles are almost overcome. We are able to work with ease at the nanometer level now. Very simply, we are at the point where custom DNA can be fabricated. Call it by what it is, genetic engineering.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Biotechnology is a broad category that includes genetic engineering among many other things.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
I wonder if he even realizes macro and molecular are antonyms.
Thanks. I was wondering what "organic macro level cells" are.
Rob, with all respect Punatic007 has as much right to his opinion as Mr. Ha. Moreover, the way you responded did not sound very encouraging...

quote]Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Punatic007,

Mr. Ha is speaking for himself. You are attempting to speak for me when you say I am pro industry at any cost. That is a bad habit. Keep it up and you will be gone.
[/quote]

jdo
jdo
I do not encourage people to put words in others mouths as Punatic007 did with me and has done with others.

In this forum Punatic007 may speak for him/herself only.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Feel free to correct me Rob as opposed to threatening me regarding the following:

I've been here a long time, know many of the key players of Puna and East Hawaii. I have heard repeatedly from people who have informed they posted here and no longer post, including those who write professionally and politically, that you have disagreed with their politics and banned them or gave them a long break, and they have not come back.

The same theme comes up that you have an agenda of pro development which overlooks the "details" such as the neighbors of geothermal becoming adversely affected.

You have been very critical and threatening to me when I post in defense of the neighbors of Geothermal.
The only times Rob has "stopped/blocked" anybody on this site that I know of, it has been for being obnoxious, I.E. ( Damon T., Frank B.) or for being vulgar or obscene. Most of the residents of GEO area came there in the last few years and should just shut up and accept something that preceeds them by years or decades. If they have a problem, Sue the realtor.