Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sovereignty squatters arrested
we are one race, human
we are one race, human

Don't give those squatters any fresh ideas. Next thing you know, after they post bail we'll be reading this news story:

... a woman ...secured the door and refused to come out, arguing that she had Human Sovereignty Rights allowing occupancy of the house and property.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This is very similar to what has happened on Mauna Kea. People claiming to be Hawaiian, invoke the sovereignty claim, Hawaiian Kingdom national, etc. have taken land as their own.

What the protesters do is totally HEWA, totally BOGUS, and totally UNACCEPTABLE. For shame.

JMFO,
Kirt
Ha! I tried that once. Three doormen dragged me from behind the bar and introduced me bodily to the street.
Human Sovereignty doesn't work.
quote:
Originally posted by knieft

This is very similar to what has happened on Mauna Kea. People claiming to be Hawaiian, invoke the sovereignty claim, Hawaiian Kingdom national, etc. have taken land as their own.

What the protesters do is totally HEWA, totally BOGUS, and totally UNACCEPTABLE. For shame.

JMFO,
Kirt

The difference is Mauna Kea/Mauna a Wakea is Crown Lands/Ceded Lands, not to mention, Conservation land. It is also "public land" (State), not someone's residence or rental property.

JMOO. (lol)

P.S. For the record, if you have not been to Mauna Kea during the protest, there are many "real" Hawaiians. No question. Can't lump all of the kanaka together because of acts of a few.
Would it make any difference if the squatters were "real" Hawaiians? Seems to be more than a few non-Hawaiians up Mauna Kea way...

The similarity to Mauna Kea is that the land does not belong to the protestors squatting at the visitor center.

Indeed I would argue that the protestors are claiming control over a billion plus dollar development, whereas the squatters were probably claiming a property worth a couple hundred thousand dollars.

I certainly understand why you feel the situations are not similar. Do you understand how much of the world sees the protestors as criminals?

Cheers,
Kirt
Aloha, knieft. I also understand what you are saying. As to this question:

"I certainly understand why you feel the situations are not similar. Do you understand how much of the world sees the protestors as criminals?"

Yes, much of the "Western" world. The international support for the rights of indigenous people, including Hawaiians, is quite a different story.

That is why using the excuse "Hawaiian rights" in criminal acts, taints the intent and purpose of the "revolution/protest/uprising" we are seeing today.

The protest on Mauna Kea is allowed by Federal and State law, which provides the constitutionally protected right to protest. Squatting on someone's private property is not.

JMO.
A cross section of the voices of this so-called "revolution/protest/uprising" we are seeing today.

Freaking embarrassing, unreal.

Transcripts from Public Meetings in Hawaii (with the Department of Interior)- Wednesday, July 2 -- Hilo – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Keaukaha Elementary School

http://www.doi.gov/ohr/reorg/upload/Keau...070214.pdf
Opihikao: It's too bad these people are using bogus reasoning for their foolishness. Don't worry, most rational people can differentiate between them and those making legitimate claims.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Does the Hawaiian Kingdom have any laws or rules against this sort of thing?