Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dengue fever could be here to stay
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

the down fall of tourism - the states # 1 money

Tourism is a mere 20% of the State economy, and like many things, tends to happen mostly on Oahu.

10-15% going to the big island to get dengue fever ... then, flying back to Oahu ... Joy! Sounds like loads of fun... That and Maui and all the rest of the islands. If they state had any type of backbone they would limit all travel between islands till this got taken care of...

Now it's probably too late and well, Merry Christmas!

I just purchased these items off Amazon...

Dynatrap Ultralight Insect and Mosquito Trap
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$34.00

Electronic Indoor Insect Killer Zapper - 15.5 Inch, 20W
Sold by: Deal Republic
$34.99

One indoor and one outdoor. My neighbors are idiots. Doubt they are gonna do much to try eliminate mosquitoes. I wonder if the state will come around and start fining people if they got junk cars, etc...etc... in the yard? Would be nice if everyone used some common sense with this.
If they state had any type of backbone

State might have had some backbone if the Powers That Be hadn't installed Figurehead Ige as retaliation for Abercrombie's failure to honor Inoye's wishes.

As usual, the pain and suffering falls to the little people.
Just heard on the news at 6pm that they have the first confirmed case of dengue fever on Oahu!
For all the hippies out there...

http://www.healthkart.com/resources/8-un...ms-dengue/

recovery phase includes an "altered level of conciousness"

...hey man, want some dengue I got the good stuff...
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Just heard on the news at 6pm that they have the first confirmed case of dengue fever on Oahu!

OK, maybe they'll get serious about this now. It has finally showed up some place that matters to the state. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Big Island will get any resources to fight it. Have to wait and see if Ige and Co. handle this any better than the TMT fiasco.
http://khon2.com/2015/11/05/health-depar...st-oahu-2/

Looks like the DOH is dropping the ball on this. Maybe it's time to hire some more state workers?
This person caught it overseas and brought it here, it has been identified as a different strain than the one we are seeing on the Big Island. Oahu has had overseas contracted cases crop up on a regular basis, they have never spread into the community like we have seen. The Oahu cases have also generally stayed isolated while in our case it got a good toehold and seems to have spread.
Been working up in Fern Forrest the last few days... Clouds of mosquitoes!!! I stopped at Walmart (after getting some things at Home Depot) to get some Off bug spray... they were sold out and said that most stores were sold out because of Dengue... Looks like I'll be suffering up in Gloomwood tomorrow!! LOL

Read the map explanations carefully. The number of cases in each area is NOT the number of cases diagnosed or discovered in those places, it is the number of infected people who have visited those areas. So when Pahoa is listed as "1" it means a person diagnosed with dengue has been to Pahoa. If that person drove over from Kona, and no mosquitos bit him in Pahoa, the disease has not necessarily spread to Pahoa. Yet.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Ordered me some mosquito coils and mosquito coil holders yesterday on Amazon. Nobody has any locally.