Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
Knieft. Wow...Thank You for that Heartfelt Post.

I apologize if my words were offensive to some.
This is frustrating for people on both sides of the issue.
Name calling and outbursts are more of a knee jerk reaction and don't help the situation.

I just hope that some compromises can be made on the side of the protesters.
The proponents have compromised plenty.
Its really the only way they're going to get anything out of this.
This hard stance of zero tolerance is not going to solve anything.
And now this hard line stance is going to be met by an equal,or much greater, force of zero tolerance by the authorities.
Its time for a diplomatic solution. But I have to say that I have no idea what it could be.
Leadership and level headedness is needed.

Something's gotta give or its gonna get very ugly.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
"Really feel sick to my stomach right now. Everyone knows how badly the DLNR and state perform and now this - a tactic more akin to North Korea rather than a free country."

"Ah yes Tom, the same State that everyone says the Hawaiians should listen to, should accept as the rule of law, and give up their aspirations of sovereignty to, now when they show their colors in a way that ruffles your feathers they are more akin to North Korea. So maybe you do have a way to be empathetic, to understand, and appreciate how the Hawaiians feel?"

What a load of melodramatic nonsense. What Hawaiian media is being prevented from reporting the news?
Justin,

Gypsy69 wrote:

"It looks as though my keiki will be missing a few more days of public school this month, we don't know the state or TMT's new holiday intentions just yet."

Justin asked:

"Huh? What is the connection?"

I expect you won't get a reply, or if you do, it'll make no sense. I'm baffled as well, so you're not alone. But it might mean Gypsy will take his kids out of school to protest the TMT. Or something else. Who knows?
TomK - you just don't understand. Gypsy wants to inculcate proper progressive values into his children: that it's far more important to spend your time grandstanding and whining about how oppressed you are and how insensitive the baddies (whoever they happen to be this week) are to the delicate sensibilities of the oppressed, than it is to become educated and competent to become productive members of a modern society. After all, even if you're incapable, or disinclined, to make a measurable contribution, it's that society's responsibility to take care of you...

hundreds of officers from multiple State and County agencies are expected to be on the mountain...

When there's a billion dollars at stake, the Big Island matters.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/30534...eparations

"TMT officials say crews and security will be on Mauna Kea on Wednesday just to do maintenance work on construction equipment that have been leaking fuel."

So are the protesters going to try and prevent the crews from doing pollution mitigation work? Talk about hard headed.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
There go those "strait A's"
Knowledge is the enemy of feudalism.
The Hawaii Supreme Court has ordered a temporary stay be placed on the TMT's conservation district use permit until December 2, 2015, or so ordered by the court.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2015/1...it-stayed/
http://www.techinsider.io/30-meter-teles...kea-2015-8

Pretty good article if you have the time.

Jmo here! The current working observatories and staff atop maunakea really should have worked harder to make good on many past promises. It's To bad the TMT wasn't built before the other 13 observatories on maunakea ruined its reputation. The northern plateau of Maunakea's summit is unique and beautiful just the way it was made. There is no other place in this world like the northern plateau, preserving that acreage on this planet should be seriously considered for future generations as well as ours.