Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT Work to Resume Says Ige!
It's time once again for...complete that sentence:

"Besides, talking story with one's extortionists is the first step towards..."
If that is even remotely possible...
...all tenants on the mountain think about sidling up to their perspective new landlord.

I will tell you what I think is remotely possible; that any of the people squatting on Mauna Kea will have any standing or power in a new Hawaiian government. They can wave a flag in a victory parade, perhaps. But the protesters on the mountain are not the best and brightest of the Hawaiian people. They are Mauna Wakea Hillbillies and will go no farther than the short lived YouTube reality show of their own making.

Of course, it's possible someone else has spotted a future leader up there, someone I've overlooked.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Is it possible that the State may be willing to give up Mauna Kea to the Hawaiian Nation during negotiations over the return of land?

Assume for the moment that this is 100% possible -- including all necessary required Federal assistance.

Now consider the Hawaiians that died while on the waiting list for a DHHL lease.

Protestors might find themselves with a hollow victory, indeed.
Hawai'i Island will be represented by 7 delegates to the 'Aha, of which a number of those that have been active on the mountain are candidates.

1)Which of the protesters, or leaders of the protesters do you think will win the election?

2)What will be their post election position and responsibilities?

3)Will any of these candidates immediately gain a position that allows them to negotiate contracts with the TMT organization?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
you might want to cool your heels brah

I'm cool.
The protesters, delegates, or potential TMT negotiators can take as long as they like. I do in fact expect the process to move in a slow methodical manner.

I only asked the questions I posted because when you suggested the TMT should negotiate with the protesters, and that the unnamed protesters may soon have a position of power in the new Hawaiian government, that you expected it could take place sooner rather than later. Perhaps I was mistaken.
The election is for delegates to a convention. What, you want to apply emo-correctness to the Democrats for only having Democrat representatives at their convention or the Republicans to only have registered Republicans allowed to cast a vote? Why isn't it just one convention and let the keiko vote, age discrimination goes both ways.

There is something very intellectually challenged going on with this emo-correctness. It wants one tone of gray for everything. Try to work for a shoe manufacturer that doesn't want to discriminate, so he only makes one size shoe, halfway between both small and large. This midtone gray emo-correctness movement is descending into gibberish and nonsense.

Whatever happend to Celebrate The Differences?

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
dakine: and Princesses Abigail voiced her support

Well, then, it's all over. Unbelievable..............

Cheers,
Kirt
dakine: keep in mind OHA voted for their support

Please, tell me it isn't so. You're using OHA as an example of _anything_. Sad, sad, tale indeed.

Cheers,
Kirt
dakine: I just think the TMT should issue a statement in support of the Hawaiians

That would make you feel good?

When exactly did you give your self-esteem to TMT?

And what exactly would change if the TMT issued a statement of "support" of the "Hawaiians"? What does that even mean? That they agree that the TMT oppresses "Hawaiians"? That cutting edge science should be subjagated to what? Your feelings? About what happened over a hundred years ago? Over the "pollution of the watershed"? Over the offense that your abandoned mythology must "feel"? <snip a bunch of other stuff>

Come on, dakine, who or what you think is holding Hawaiians back from reaching [people with certain great grandparents] full potential? If your answer is the TMT, well...it may not be so.

Cheers,
Kirt

dakine is just indulging in a little, if not flambouyantly grandiose, wishful thinking.

"dakine: and Princesses Abigail voiced her support

Well, then, it's all over. Unbelievable..............
"

lol