Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dengue fever could be here to stay
We've noticed a decline in mosquito population as our duck population has increased.

If anyone wants ducks, contact me at www.PunaFarmsandLand.

I have plenty and they seen to dabble in the problem
Sure wish it would snow here on the big island for a couple months as that seems to be a dengue deterrent. Been reading up on this dengue virus and it does not look good for puna in my opinion. The dengue virus thrives in warm tropical climates especially warm, wet, and economically POOR areas like puna. With no trash pick up services offered here, or clean piped drinking water running to most households in puna. Let alone proper screens or windows in some cases, makes for a disaster recipe for a dengue epidemic. Others are saying global warming is having an effect on the rise of dengue cases around the world as well.

Some have mentioned that the abnormal rainy season on the kona side may have contributed to the high mosquito population this year? Personally I feel plants and trees are smarter than we think and they may be able to protect themselves in rather unique ways. For example, Our dead or dying Ohia trees may be releasing some kind of natural defensive gasses that are sending predators to chase off the ohia tree villains(mankind)? The fire ants and mosquitoes may be coming to save the ohia or shield it from what is killing them? I know Tomk, its just another wacky thought from gypsy69.

quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Personally I feel plants and trees are smarter than we think and they may be able to protect themselves in rather unique ways. For example, Our dead or dying Ohia trees may be releasing some kind of natural defensive gasses that are sending predators to chase off the ohia tree villains(mankind)? The fire ants and mosquitoes may be coming to save the ohia or shield it from what is killing them?

???
+1 Joe ... Sounded sensible right up until there .....

Gypsy, just keep explaining to all your relatives and acquaintances + your doors closed.
Nothing new, Joe, just the latest from the science community. Genetically engineered trees that even if they're dead have bigger and better brains than us. It's how they teleported fire ants and mosquitoes here in the first place, to protect themselves. The coquis were a mistake though, they came here during the testing stage before the Heisenberg quantum compensaters were adjusted.
Interesting nature watch here for those up late tonight.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/what-plan...sode/8243/

R your kids still up ?

What is your philosophy on teaching them ?

What do you tell them about TMT ?

And dengue ?

Maybe we can learn from you Gypsy69.

JMO,
pog
"Interesting nature watch here for those up late tonight.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/what-plan...sode/8243/
"

Nice show, I've already seen it though. Anything there that supports the claim fire ants and mosquitoes are coming to Hawaii to support the Ohias?

No? Didn't think so.
Last two posts are excellent reasons for everyone on the Big Island of Hawaii to step up to the plate and be responsible

Yes, that's exactly why I pay taxes, so I can also be responsible for vector control.
"Yes, that's exactly why I pay taxes, so I can _______________________."

Obsessively snivel and whine while ignoring any role of personal responsibility?